can you use a single cell number for two separate accounts?

ACodgerRan987
Contributor
Contributor

i have a personal paypal account.

i am power of attorney for my mother, and we would  like to set up paypal account for her (easy way to do gifts to grandkids, etc).

but i want to use MY cell phone as the phone of record.

she would have her bank account number in her account, separate email, etc.

i did read that you personally can't have multiple personal accounts, but that is not the case here.

thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ACodgerRan987,

Welcome to the PayPal community! I understand that you would like to use your phone number on two PayPal accounts, to your PayPal account, and your mother's PayPal account. I regret to inform you; this option is not available. At PayPal, account and data security is treated as a priority following risk-free transactions. Adding one phone number to two accounts can contradict and as a security measure, this option is not available. You may, however, add a new phone number to a different account. 

Good luck!

- Ali

Login to Me Too

ACodgerRan987
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for reply.

but, i had gone to chat, and that person said it was able to be done, and i set up the second account using same number, and the accounts do work...

i can log in as myself, or log in with my mom in her account, it switches succssfully, it sends me activation code numbers, etc.

thanks

nick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.