Wrong Name During Checkout of PayPal transaction

ksreed
Contributor
Contributor

On several occasions, my wife's name is prepopulated (instead of mine) upon completing an online PayPal transaction with random vendors. 

On several occasions, I've purchased work-related products from websites that I nor my wife have every done business with. For some reason, her name is prepopulated upon redirection, back from PayPal, to the vendor's site during checkout. My wife's name is nowhere on my PayPal account and never has been.

Example from this morning...

- Found a part I needed on a vendor's website that I, nor my wife, have every used.

- Added needed part to cart

- Went to cart to complete checkout

- Immediately, I chose PayPal as a method for payment

- I was redirected to PayPal. to log in and confirm payment

- Upon redirection back to the vendor's site, it prepopulated a name, address, city, state, and zip code

- Everything was correct, except for the first name was my wife's name

Again, this occurs on a regular basis and she is not (and never was) affiliated with my PayPal account at all.

Why is this happening? Where is this information (that is being prepopulated on all these vendor sites) coming from?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ksreed,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting here!

Sorry to hear about the wrong name reflecting at the time of check out. It might be possible that you made the payments from the same device, browser, a cookie may have been stored with the name. This can cause the name to appear as default at the time of checkout in PayPal. This can be edited at the time of checkout. Before completing a payment, I recommend you to try clearing your cache and cookies from your internet browser.

I hope this works!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.