Why does PayPal log out automatically in a few minutes?

vm20202020
Contributor
Contributor

Why am I logged out automatically in a few minutes for example while responding to a dispute? It usually takes 10-15 minutes to respond to a dispute, which means getting a screenshot of the tracking information and writing. When all is ready, I press submit, which is when PayPal informs me I've been logged out due to inactivity and all written information is lost. Which means a lot of frustration and extra work.

I am using the latest Chrome browser for Macbook.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Dian

Hey @vm20202020, 

Thank you for posting your question in our Community. 

I understand that it can be frustrating that the sire times out when you are filing a dispute. It is just a safety that measure. It c an help to type a message for example in 'Notepad'  and when you file the dispute you just need to copy and paste it. This way all the correct information will be provided within the given timeframe and you wont loose the written information. Sorry for the inconvenience the timer can cause.

I hope this information helps. 

Dian 

Login to Me Too

vm20202020
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Dian,

Yes, I type it up on the Notepad as whenever i remember to do it in advance. It is very frustrating that the site times out without any visible sign or clock. Ideally the user should be able to set the timer or at least the customer service. The latter don't even know it exist.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.