Tax Residency

monty03
Contributor
Contributor

paypal is asking to confirm my tax residency how do I do this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@monty03 

The information can be submitted through your PayPal account by following the alert notification prompts.

PayPal is required to document new consumer and individual accounts to determine if they’re reportable under the OECD Common Reporting Standards (CRS). The CRS was enacted into local law by Australia to establish whether a person holding the account is a tax resident in any foreign jurisdiction. PayPal won’t allow the account holder to progress through the existing CRS onboarding application until all mandatory data elements have been filled out with completeness. During onboarding, consumer and individual account holders are required to indicate whether they’re tax residents in one or more jurisdictions outside of Australia. 

If the consumer or individual account holder isn’t a tax resident in any jurisdiction outside Australia, then PayPal won’t collect the tax information required for reporting and will only require certification. When a customer is a tax resident outside of Australia, PayPal will collect information about the country or countries of tax residency as well as a tax identification number or reasonable explanation and certification.

Customer service may be able to further assist is needed:

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/contact-us      

Scroll down to click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

monty03
Contributor
Contributor

Thats perfect, thank you.

Login to Me Too

questions101
New Community Member

I've received a number of emails asking for me to confirm my tax residency. However, when I click on the link to do this I go straight to a PayPal page that says, "Thank you for providing your info. If you uploaded a document, we’ll get back to you in 2-4 business days" when I haven't actually provided any details because I haven't had a chance to. So now my PayPal account has been limited. Quite annoying. Is there a link or menu on PayPal that I can add my tax residency information? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.