Something's wrong when verifying my PayPal account

Olivia567
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've been trying to verify my PayPal account for a while but it just won't work. When I link the bank account to Paypal, there are no other options or choices other than just filling the details and that's it. It's different compared to the solution that has been stated with the clicking 'Agree' or use another method to link the bank account manually. Can someone help me with this?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Olivia567,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post! I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues linking your bank. It looks like you are referencing how you may initially be presented with the option to quickly link and confirm your bank by logging in to your online banking. This option is only presented the first time. If you don't wish to use it, you can choose to link manually. If you aren't seeing that option, it may be that you already tried once before, as subsequent attempts would require manual entry and confirmation.

I hope this helps. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Olivia567
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for answering my question. Apologies for not replying as soon as possible. Since there isn't any options for me to link my bank account anymore, what should I do? No matter what I try, there is no clue to how to verify my PayPal account. I'm so lost and tired in dealing with this problem for months. If you know any solutions, please reply to me as soon as possible.

Thank you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Olivia567,

Is there no link to add the bank through the process with confirmation deposits? If you do not have any options for linking a bank at all, please contact Customer Service for assistance. They can not only troubleshoot the problem, but they may also be able to manually add the bank on PayPal's end. You can find your contact options by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Olivia567
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @PayPal_Olivia ,

Thank you for replying. I'm not sure if this is the cause of it, but I once closed my account and then reopened it again like 3 years ago but I didn't earn any money at the time, and then like a year later, I received emails telling me to verify my email address or something but I didn't because I'm not sure if it's trustable at the time. I was too young and I didn't dare to risk it. Then, I received the email said my PayPal access has been limited because of not verifying my account and email address I think? And I didn't know what to do and just leave it until now that I started to search back my emails in the past to see what can be done by searching the root of cause. Is it possible to close my account and reopen it again? Now that I'm earning, I'm scared that the money in the PayPal account would be deleted.

I retried the Proof of Identity and Address and they have been accessed. However, I still can't verify the PayPal account to come up the option of confirming deposits. I'm not sure Customer Service can help solve my problem as it is a bit complicated.

Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read my message.

Sincerely,

Olivia

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Olivia567,

I'm afraid if the account is limited, it will not be able to be closed. I recommend contacting Customer Service, not only to troubleshoot the problem, but also to let them know what's happening in case it's something that could affect other people. If there's truly a bug, they may be able to lift the limitation to allow account closure so you can create the account again and go through the verification process.

One thought - if you're getting an error message when trying to add the bank, it may be that the bank is still linked to your old closed account. If that's the case, Customer Service can help you get that bank released from the old account to add to the new one. However, it's important to note that a bank can be added a limited number of times. If you've added the bank to an account or multiple accounts 3 times total, it will not be able to be re-added. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.