Second phonenumber is not used correctly

milena75
New Community Member

Hi, 

So I usually had my Swedish phone number as the main number for logging in, I always got the login SMS, then I changed provider and the sim card is not working abroad (trying to get it fixed). I added a second number to my PayPal account, I did it correctly - country code first, no 0 (zero) on the phone number... but when I need to use it Paypal displays it but without the country code and adds the local 0 ... and I never get the log in SMS... it's very odd... even if I am IN the same country it does not work... I need this second number to work everywhere as my Swedish sim is not reliable currently... I am right now in Sweden so trying to get it sorted, but leaving soon and I will have the same issue again...

I checked how the second number is set up on the account and it looks ok, but it only acts odd when I try to use it for log in

Thanks for any advice!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@milena75 

Is the second phone a Swedish registered one as well?

Only you can't add another countries registered phone to a country specific paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.