Paypal keeps asking me to set up a biz account, and won't let me use PayPal until I do this.

pmidxs
New Community Member

Hi all, 

A while ago I got some notifications from PayPal of suspicious activity on my account. I logged in and changed my passwords, no harm done, but since then, I haven't been able to use PayPal. Every time I try to log in, it takes me to a page where I can set up a business account. I don't want to do this, though. I don't have a business. Additionally, whenever I use a direct payment link, it won't let the payment go through, saying there's a problem with my account. 

Does anybody know what the issue is and how to fix it? The FAQs etc weren't any help. 

Thanks, 

K

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pmidxs 

Apparently, your account was upgraded to business (your forum profile says “Type: Business”) so the system is asking you to finish set up in order to use account.

Contact customer services and ask them to downgrade your account personal because it was upgraded to business as a result of recent trace of suspicious activity:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us      

Scroll down to click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kagome12
Contributor
Contributor
I have same problem. Paypal keep asking me to send documents for the account limitation. I downgraded my account to personal but I still have those account limitation. Also contact us is not working, paypal always says no available customer service representative.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kagome12 

Write a note explaining that you are not a registered business and how your account ended up switched to a business account in the first place and that you want to have a personal account. Pdf the note and upload to the case. Repeat this with document requests for proof of fulfillment, supplier receipts.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.