Paypal app can't handle 2-factor authentication on iPhone 14

jomigoco
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There

I recently upgraded my iPhone to the  iPhone 14 Pro Max running iOS 16.0.1 and re-installed the PayPal app. I have 2FA enabled on my account. When I login on the app it displays a security question where I have to choose pictures to match a request. However after doing this the screen turns white and nothing further is displayed. My account creds are correct as I can login to my PayPal account on my Windows laptop browser. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on the iPhone and tried again, but the same behaviour is seen. If I disable 2FA on my account via my laptop the Paypal app on my iPhone works again and I can use it normally. However if I re-enable 2FA on my account then again the app stops working after I login. Looks like the app is broken. Please advise?

Many thanks

Mike

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Gmdavis
Contributor
Contributor

Same and it’s been this way for a while now. Running iOS 16 on iPhone mini 12. 

Login to Me Too

OscarSG
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same issue when using a Vodafone SIM on my iPhone... The temporary workaround was to disable 2FA or use Wifi instead of 4G

Login to Me Too

Gmdavis
Contributor
Contributor
The latest iOS app update has resolved this for me.
Login to Me Too

NeoJFK
Contributor
Contributor

I have an iPhone 14 pro (just switched from Android) and i've got the same issue on the latest iOS.

I already start to regret my switch to iphone....

Login to Me Too

Restrafigo
New Community Member

Same issue on iPhone 14 pro max... on latest iOS version. Try unistall and reinstall but not resolve the issue.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Restrafigo, @NeoJFK, @OscarSG, @jomigoco,

Thank you all for your posts in the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear of the issue that you've experienced.

I see that some or all of you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and/or updating to the latest versions. These are the first troubleshooting steps I would have recommended, so good deal and thank you for trying those steps. From that point on, I suggest contacting Customer Service for any further troubleshooting that may be able to be provided. If it turns out that there's a technical issue that cannot be pinpointed and resolved during that communication, a representative can take your information from you and your account and create a specific request to our technicians to research the problem further. Make sure to let the representative know of the steps already taken to troubleshoot, to save time in the interaction.

I hope this can be quickly resolved!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525DU
Contributor
Contributor
This is a serious BUG in the PayPal mobile app. It can be replicated on demand every time. The issue is logging in to an account using PayPal mobile app with 2FA set on an iPhone 14 - after entering login credentials, app displays a blank white page with a black X top left corner. Remove 2FA and the issue is not present. The issue is not present: - using a browser, even a browser on iPhone 14. - confirming a PayPal payment to a merchant, even on an iPhone 14. - on iPhones 13,12,11,10 The issue ONLY happens on an iPhone 14 when accessing an account with 2FA. I have 4 colleagues who have iPhone 14: - for 1 it was her first iPhone - for 2 it was an upgrade from iPhone 13 - for 1 it was an upgrade from iPhone 12 ALL 3 experience exactly the same issue. Those that upgraded never had this issue on their iPhone 13/12. The issue is present in the previous version and current version of iOS. The issue is present in the previous version and current version of the PayPal app. No other app on iPhone 14 displays this issue when logging in to an account with 2FA - ONLY the PayPal app. I've have reported this to PayPal at least 5 times over the last 3-4 weeks online I have had lengthy telephone calls with customer services who promise to call back with an update - they NEVER call back. I spoke at length to Apple support and screen shared so they could see the issue for themselves. They confirmed this is an issue with the PayPal mobile app. This is a real-world, genuine BUG in the PayPal mobile app. It is repeatedly on demand every time. Many iPhone 14/PayPal users are experiencing the issue. WHY IS PAYPAL NOT TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY AND RESOLVING AS A MATTER OF URGENCY?
Login to Me Too

leostuder
Contributor
Contributor

See this exactly as you describe it. I feel like cheated from PAYPAL. That this is still not solved is a shame...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.