Paypal EU business account

Arissss
New Community Member

Hello,

My business is in Lithuania (EU). When i created my Paypal business account, and once i log in, Paypal asks to set up my paypal account, by filling necessary information about my business. The problem is, information Paypal asks is related to U.S. business, not EU. So I cannot fill up. For example, it asks to put in a state. 

Also, later in a proccess, it requires SSN. We don't have that here.

Is there a way to go around that? Or there is a way to select EU somewhere in settings.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Arissss 

That's because you have opened a U.S Paypal account instead of one for your own country.

User Arissss: United States Business Account

When you click to register a paypal account there is a drop down list of countries with U.S being the default top option as Paypal is a U.S company.

If you have opened a U.S paypal account by mistake then you need to remove anything you have added and close it (if you can) and then open one for the correct country you are in.

This is because Paypal is country specific and differs a lot country to country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Arissss1
New Community Member

Yes, thank you. That's exactly what i did. I deleted this account, and created a new one, selecting my country.

It is a bit strange, because first time i wasn't able to see country location, so i simply missed it.

Thank you again, have a great day

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.