My eBay account automatically logs into my Paypal account

gtst
Contributor
Contributor
My eBay account automatically logs me into my Paypal account when I choose PayPal. This has started recently and I cannot recall every ticking any boxes for EBay to remember my PayPal login credentials. I cannot find any settings in both EBay or PayPal where I can disable this EBay auto login into PayPal. I have contacted both EBay and PayPal, EBay keep pointing me to speak to PayPal. Spoke to PayPal and the lady said she would contact EBay to to disable express payment option but nothing has changed. Can anyone please assist me.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gtst 

Something changed in their auto login set up or something. Like there’s some automation going on where you log on a few times and PayPal will send an email entitled “Stay logged in on this trusted device”…”Since we recognize this device, you’ll continue to stay logged in so you can skip typing your password during certain activities such as checkout.” so they will log you in automatically but if you opt to turn if off through this email, every time you log in, you have to do an security check with code, instead just allowing you to log in. And the auto-login setting is not enabled either in security settings. I just like it when you have to log in every time, even for a trusted device.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gtst 

Something changed in their auto login set up or something. Like there’s some automation going on where you log on a few times and PayPal will send an email entitled “Stay logged in on this trusted device”…”Since we recognize this device, you’ll continue to stay logged in so you can skip typing your password during certain activities such as checkout.” so they will log you in automatically but if you opt to turn if off through this email, every time you log in, you have to do an security check with code, instead just allowing you to log in. And the auto-login setting is not enabled either in security settings. I just like it when you have to log in every time, even for a trusted device.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

spottheowl
Contributor
Contributor

Every so often PayPal signs me up to remain logged in to my account so that I do not have to enter a password. This is an incredibly poor idea. Maybe the next time PayPal does this I won't be notified or I overlook it. This is enough for me to question whether I really need a PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.