My account was hacked... by paypal

Temp20230324z
Contributor
Contributor

So long story short since i'm travelling across the globe my account became suspicious to Paypal and was bombed with hyper annoying ridiculous , frighteningly stupid security measurements no sane person could follow on this planet.In the beginning paypal asked me all the time to enter the security code sent through SMS. This 19th century security measurement was already super annoying each time i went to another continent or country but i could live with that... but the most annoying thing happened when i lost my SIM card. I couldn't access my account anymore because of the SMS code annoyance. Finally i came home and get my duplicate SIM card and was hoping this time i can finally log in. NOPE ! It didn't matter i KNEW my own password. it didn't MATTER i entered the security code... i had to answer the security questions i set up 985678934657846 years ago. And of course i couldn't remember them... So i lost my account it seems. And had to register another account just to post my issue because you have 0 support you're not logged in... this is beyond ridiculous...

Please consider the following in the future:

- Stop sending this stupid SMS codes. Modernize yourself with face recognition like normal banks do

- Give me an option to disable ALL these retarded , super annoying , useless bloodboiling security measurements and LET ME decide wether i want this NASA level of security or IT SHOULD BE MY RESPONSIBILITY if someone hacks my account and leave me alone with my password/username login. I can't always guarantee i will have a GPS signal if i'm in the middle of the Atlantic ocean... It is stupid !!!

- If i have an issue to log in , STOP ASKING ME TO LOG IN to contact support. I hope you understand that this kind of paradox looks absolutely dumb and non professional.

So since i just don't have time and nerves anymore to save my 100 bucks on that account i just gave up . It seems it is time to move and leave this once great and innovative platform behind ...

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230324z 

Alternatively as paypal is 'country specific' do not use your paypal internationally, then you won't have any issues.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.