Logging in

davidjnicholls
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a PayPal (PP) account for 6 years and not had problems until Sunday 26 February. Ironically, I started using my PayPal account much more from last month.
On the previous day, I had amended my phone number and this seems to have triggered a series of problems.
Now, (using a Desktop PC, Win 10 and Mozilla Firefox), when trying to log onto my account, after typing in the number texted by PP to my phone, I receive a message saying PP has verified my identity and yet a few seconds later, I receive another message saying "we cannot confirm it is you" and the page just hangs. I then have to restart the login process and only then can I access my account.
What disappoints me is the lack of help when I have spoken to PP. On the first occasion, I was told it was because I had two mobile phone numbers listed. I could not see why this caused problems as I've had two listed for several years and had no problems. However, he deleted the older number and assured me it would remedy the problem. It did not.
I then began to get a message from PP asking me to give answers to 2 questions (e.g., first school, father's middle name): I did this, but on clicking "Save". I got an error message saying this could not be saved. This has happened on numerous occasions. I also got a message about a QR scan which I cannot do as my mobile phone will not scan. Why is this all now happening?
I telephoned PP again, and an automated message said I should change my password. I did this, but the login problems continued.
I telephoned yet again and the person I spoke with transferred my call to someone else who I assume was more knowledgeable.
But she only said the PayPal system needed some time before it would accept my new phone number as "trusted". I find this ridiculous.
I've tried my PP account again and I still have trouble accessing it and I need several attempts before success. It seems absurd that simply changing my phone number has set off all these problems.
On 12 March, I used PP again, and once again, after typing in the number sent to my phone by PP, I was accepted but then rejected, i.e,
"Identity confirmed
Redirecting…
We're sorry, we couldn't confirm it's you"
So once again, I had to login a second time.
I wonder if the problem is because I delete all my cookies at the end of each day (something I do NOT intend giving up). So maybe this is causing the problem with the PP "remember device". So, is there an option. to switch this off please?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.