I can't receive any code to confirm my number to open a personal account from Kazakhstan.

aizhans
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there! I want to open a personal account from Kazakhstan. But I cannot receive any code to confirm my number. I am afraid it has to do something with the country's code +7 (xxx) which is the same with Russia's where it is not possible to open a PayPal account. Please help!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_paula

Hi @aizhans

Sorry to hear that you're not able to create a PayPal account. Are you entering the country code manually? When you select the country, we will automatically add the country code. I suggest you to enter the phone number without adding the country code. If you still see the error, please reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page for additional assistance.

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

aizhans
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @PayPal_paula,

I've been entering my number without the country's code, but the problem is the Kazakhstan's code (+7) which is already there is the same with Russia's. I think that's why I can't get a verification code.

Login to Me Too

aizhans
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to get help for the last two weeks, but no one gives me a proper answer. I'm saying that I can't confirm my phone number because the system thinks I'm in Russia because the countries' codes are the same, both start with +7 (xxx). I'm not entering the country's code, I know it's already there, but when I enter the rest of the flag changes to Russia's. Can someone help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @aizhans 

I can understand that this may be frustrating for you. From what I know, you can use this country code on your PayPal account however there are some phone providers that would be based in Russia and not Kazakhstan so if you chose an incorrect phone provider this could be where the issue is. I would recommend removing the phone number from your account and try adding it again ensuring all the details you are entering are correct and the phone provider you choose is the correct one. 

I do understand that you have tried contacting us but if this does not resolve the issue then you would need to speak to us directly so we can review your account and help you with this. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.