I can't close my paypal account

danny242
Contributor
Contributor

I can't close my paypal account. I have tried on multiple occasions. I was promised by Patricia that the account would be closed and an email sent but that never happened. Now I'm caught in a never ending loop of are you sure? reminiscent of a twilight zone episode. No phone contact? Can anyone help get me out of this misery?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danny242 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kanecaaaat
Contributor
Contributor

it shouldn't be so hard, send personal messages? wow

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kanecaaaat 

Well if you want to contact them then yes send a p.m on their Facebook or Twitter pages, that is how loads of companies work.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

danny242
Contributor
Contributor

It was recommended at facebook paypal that I close all associated accounts. I closed xoom without an issue. I waited a full day then went back to close paypal but had the same popup that blocked the close and returned me to the account screen. I tried contacting help / contact but it only leads to a FAQ page.

Also "shouldn't be so hard. wow" is not helpful, please stay away until you mature.

If anyone knows how to phone or even email paypal, it would be helpful.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.