How do you turn off PayPal's 2-step verification?

DLee12
Contributor
Contributor

How do you turn off PayPal’s 2-step verification?  I’ve already tried following the instructions that PayPal provides ( https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-turn-on-or-off-2-step-verification-for-paypal-a... ), but they don’t work, because rather than giving me any option to turn it off, they instead give me either the option of having a text code sent to me or using an authenticator app to verify my ID.  Neither option is reasonable for me because I don’t have my own cellphone, and have to borrow one from someone in my family.  It’s ridiculous for PayPal to assume/presume that everyone has their own personal cellphone, and It has caused me extreme frustrations.  PLEASE HELP – thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DLee12 

Its mandatory now and you need a mobile phone to be able to receive SMS messages to continue using your paypal account unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DLee12
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for taking so long to finally get back to this, but elsewhere someone suggested that I download, install, & set up Twilio Authy and configure it for PayPal, and so far that seems to be the best solution for me.  And someone else suggested that failing to complete setting up the 2-step verification process or ignoring one of its crucial steps actually turns it off, so I guess that's another possible option for me.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion, as it's appreciated anyway.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.