Converting business account into individual account

raheelkhan78
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have registered for a Paypal account some years ago, and later on, I attached this account with a company (owned by me). It's been a while since I close this company due to some personal circumstances. Now I want to detach my PayPal account from this business setup and keep it as just a plain individual account. Can someone guide how to do that?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@raheelkhan78 

Two options:

1) call customer services to request a downgrade to personal or

2) Close the business account and open a new personal account.

Close account checklist:

1. Resolve any open disputes or account limitations.

2. Zero out the balance.

3. Cancel any active automatic payments: 

Go to Account Settings.

Click Money, Banks and Cards

Click Set preapproved payments or Set automatic payments

Select the merchant
Click Cancel.

4. Remove financial info (bank accounts, cards).

5. To use the same email address, switch out the email address you want to use for you new account with a dummy email address.

6. Download your account activity (optional).  To download a copy of your transaction activity for last 7 years, go to activity download.

7. Go to Account SettingsClick Account preferencesClick Close account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

raheelkhan78
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. What's the customer service helpline for talk to someone? I am based in NZ. Also can't close and reopen since I have some amount that I need to withdraw first.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @raheelkhan78,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about switching your business account to personal account. In order to downgrade a personal account, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the contact at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. Also, can reach out to us through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. Yes, that's right. You won't be able to close the account if there is a balance on the account. You will have to withdraw the funds from the account. However, if you downgrade the account the money will still be transferred to your new account.

I hope this helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.