Can't login

sdy
Contributor
Contributor
Reformatted phone: paypal app does not work anymore. Spinning wheel keeps spinning endlessly. Cannot login on the website either as the authentication does not work on the phone. What a bothersome system!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Joy

Hi @sdy,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble logging in. I can certainly understand how concerning and frustrating this would be! If you have not done so already, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. 

If you're having trouble logging in on the website, please click on 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page. Once you've done that, select 'Password and account access' and then 'Login problems'. This should allow you to see options for contacting our Customer Support in order to receive assistance with logging in.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

sdy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Before even trying to contact you. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app on the reformatted phone. And here I am with my question.

Why is paypal automatically switching to an Internet page saying: "Sorry, we could not confirm it's you?" WIthout even giving me the time to confirm anything?

I have tried to get in touch with the Dutch paypal customer service, the voicemail simply hangs up after selecting all the options saying they can't help me. 2 attemps so far, none of them succesful. What happened??

Thank you for actually looking into it.

Best

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Schae

Hi @sdy,

Thanks for your response!

I appreciate that additional information. I'm sorry that redownloading the app did not resolve the problem. I kindly request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps, which might help resolve issues like these:

- Access http://www.paypal.com from a desktop web browser or mobile internet browser.
- Clear cache, cookies and history from your web browser.
- Try using a different web browser or network.
- Please do not use any VPN services.
- Login from a secure or trusted location.
- Be logged in from the region you created and registered the account with.

Feel free to report back to the Community if you still have trouble. Our Dutch support is for our Netherlands region. Agents can be reached from 9:00 AM CET to 5:30 PM CET (Monday to Friday). Please be sure you are calling during those times. If you are still unsuccessful with calling customer support, you may reach out to PayPal from Facebook @PayPal and Twitter @AskPayPal for further assistance. 

Thanks for your efforts!

- Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.