VERIFICATION ERROR: "The Card Verification System used by PayPal is currently unavailable"

criseldasulit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am having a problem verifying my account. I have accurately filled up and added my bank account details and added my debit card details, and whenever I click "CONTINUE" on the "Confirm your credit/debit card to get Verified" page, an error always comes up:

"The Card Verification System used by PayPal is currently unavailable. Please try to add your card at a later time. We apologize for this inconvenience."

What seems to be the problem with this one? my question is:

1. Is this a PAYPAL SERVER PROBLEM and does not concern my bank?
  2. Does this concern my Bank (I am currently using Paypal in the Philippines right now), my bank is the primary endorser/partner of Paypal here in the Philippines, Unionbank, both my brother and I are using unionbank, and his account was succesfully verified using the said bank.

Note: both my bank & debit card details are accurate, so I don't think an error on my details is the culprit.

I appreciate if someone answers my query. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

nyro_anjo_10
Contributor
Contributor

I have my 4 digit code but I still can't put it in website becasue there is an error always show and not proceed to the code box to enter the code. please help me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi nyro_anjo_10,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

We’re sorry to hear about the challenge with the card verification process.

Please try changing the web browser to IE or FireFox. If that won’t help, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to manually verify the card for you. You will only need to provide them with the 4-digit code.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it will get resolved soon.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Lancelot999
New Community Member

I have been having the same problem. Every requirement and instruction has been dutifully followed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.