VERIFICATION ERROR: "The Card Verification System used by PayPal is currently unavailable"

criseldasulit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am having a problem verifying my account. I have accurately filled up and added my bank account details and added my debit card details, and whenever I click "CONTINUE" on the "Confirm your credit/debit card to get Verified" page, an error always comes up:

"The Card Verification System used by PayPal is currently unavailable. Please try to add your card at a later time. We apologize for this inconvenience."

What seems to be the problem with this one? my question is:

1. Is this a PAYPAL SERVER PROBLEM and does not concern my bank?
  2. Does this concern my Bank (I am currently using Paypal in the Philippines right now), my bank is the primary endorser/partner of Paypal here in the Philippines, Unionbank, both my brother and I are using unionbank, and his account was succesfully verified using the said bank.

Note: both my bank & debit card details are accurate, so I don't think an error on my details is the culprit.

I appreciate if someone answers my query. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

klv
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Can someone please give a clear answer to this post? what should we do if this error comes up? I am a filipino too having the same bank as she has and exactly similar situation.

Just for the record, the typical suggestion by the mods: "clear the cashe, clean the temp, clean the browser etc." does not apply in this matter. I had to use 4 different computers in 4 different locations AND STILL, THIS PROBLEM PERSISTS.

the error: "The Card Verification System used by PayPal is currently unavailable. Please try to add your card at a later time. We apologize for this inconvenience." still appears.

what should I do? it seems that there are no history regarding this error before. Please paypal mods, give us your professional opinion. thank you.

Login to Me Too

anna-d
New Community Member

i'm uk and i'm having the same error.. so i guess its paypal ..

Login to Me Too

morgan88
New Community Member

I had the same issue for two weeks then I called my bank to check if there was any request from paypal which was being declined. The bank confirmed that no request had been made on my account. I called paypal help line Login, Click "Contact", Click "Call Us" and they insisted that the issue was with my bank and my bank said everything was okay. So i asked the paypal agent  on phone to try and add the card for me. The agent tried and managed to add the card for me. I went ahead and verified the card and its now working.

Login to Me Too

raprap12
Contributor
Contributor

Im a Filipino too, Im also experiencing the same problem i can't verify my credit/debit card i tried everyday but the system always tell it is unavailable. So what do you think the problem is? Did this problem solve? did you guys called paypal? hope someone can help. thanks.

Login to Me Too

nsantos1023
New Community Member

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as well. Were they able to resolve your problem?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

rekabencze
New Community Member

I receive the same error message when trying to confirm a Visa Electron issued in Romania. 

at the same time when i was trying to link and confirm a Visa Electron issued in Finland, it was working without any problems. 

Does the credit card need to be separately activated for online use or something? it happened just recently that booking.com couldn't verify very same card issued in Romania. I have recently received the card about a month ago.

Login to Me Too

attilasomodi

Hello? And now working?

From romania.

Login to Me Too

ella1
New Community Member

Salut!

A trecut un an de cand ai postat. Eu acum am aceeasi problema, primesc aceeasi eroare. La tine **bleep** s-a rezolvat? Sper ca s-a rezolvat...

Login to Me Too

RohiniK
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. It been showing this since 3 months now. Please address it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.