Unable to Validate debit card

Elliot941
New Community Member

I've contacted support via messages but their automated responses must be outdated.. I'm unable to withdraw my funds as I don't have a fully verified card. This is acceptable, security and all that.. However, for 2 weeks now I've been trying to lift the limit by waiting for this mysterious deposit between '£0.01 - £0.99' to no avail.. I've yet to revieve any money in my account (yes the account associated to the card..) Have i missed something or is paypal just a hefty dump? I didn't even want to recieve the money via paypal, people just don't know how bank transfers work these days...........

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can't withdraw funds to a card in the UK.

You can only withdraw funds to a bank account that has been linked and verified to your paypal account setting up the direct debit mandate.

As for verifying your code, mine came through in a few days,  you get a paypal amount with the code in front of it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

commando73
New Community Member

I have had exactlry the same problem. I have used PayPal for years. When my debit card eventually expired I set up my new replacement card into my Paypal account and followed the instructions. I never received the alleged £1 debit from my account, so could not complete the verification, even though I kept checking my account for several days. 

So I repeated the whole operation again. Still no debit, therefore still unable to verify.

So I tried for a third time!  Still no activity in my bank account, so I was not able to verify and confirm my card.

During this (fairly long) period of time I continued to successfully use my Paypal account and made dozens of purcheses without a hitch.

I emailed Customers Services, carefully explaining all this dilema, but never even got an acknowledgent, let alone a resolution.

Today, I have tried yet again to confirm my card but no small debit has been taken from my bank account.

I can do no more. I have stopped worrying about confirming my card now. It all works fine and I use Paypal regularly. If Paypal want this issue resolving, then they need to examine their systems and respond to customer's questions. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi commando73,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear this.

Please make sure to follow these instructions to successfully confirm the card: http://ow.ly/MaW1l. If you have access to online banking you will be able to see the verification charge transaction including the code in your pending transactions.

If you still won’t be able to verify the card, please consider contacting us via phone. In this way we will be able to review your account and resolve the matter.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.