Someone please help! I can't lift limits.

AlexAl
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I'm from Romania and I'm having a huge problem that I don't know how to solve.

My account has been limited on the 7th of October this year and PayPal has asked me to provide proof of identity and proof of address in order to lift the restrictions.

I have sent a copy of my ID and 2 bank statements and it still won't lift it. I can't add a bank account, since I'm from Romania and you won't allow me to do so.

I've also tried contacting you through the message center and I've received an automated response.

In my resolution center it still says it's "waiting for my response" even though it tells me that you've received all the info you need.

link to screenshot

Please, help! I don't know how to fix this. My ID case is PP-005-162-464-668

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Drini
Contributor
Contributor

Request for a withdrawal sö psobably because you uploaded bank statements.

If you respond to the automated reply you will get in contact with an agent that can help you further.

Not sure if bank statements are valid as proof of address in USA. Rules are different for each country. In Sweden it has to be a recurring bill or a document downloaded from the goverments tax department. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

AlexAl
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

I've just received another notification, I've linked the screenshot

It says that I've requested a "withdrawal" but I have not.

My problem, as I've mentioned in my first post, is that my account is now limited. And I can't lift the limits despite the fact that I've uploaded my ID and 2 bank statements. I've already sent the requested documents.

Here's the screenshot

This is my initial message that shows my account is limited. It's got my case ID that I've mentioned in my first post.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Drini
Contributor
Contributor

Request for a withdrawal sö psobably because you uploaded bank statements.

If you respond to the automated reply you will get in contact with an agent that can help you further.

Not sure if bank statements are valid as proof of address in USA. Rules are different for each country. In Sweden it has to be a recurring bill or a document downloaded from the goverments tax department. 

Login to Me Too

AlexAl
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for trying to help.  The thing is, my ID card should be enough. I dunno how it is in other countries, but we have our address and social security number on them here. But I've also sent the bank statements just in case.

I don't have anything else since the house I live in is not on my name so the bills don't have my name on them.

I've answered the email, as you said, even though it specified it was a "no reply" type of email.

I've also contacted them through the help center once again, with my case ID.

I'll wait a few days and see what happens...

Login to Me Too

AlexAl
Contributor
Contributor

Your method worked. I did indeed receive a response today from an agent and my limits have been lifted.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

AndreeaAir
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, fellow romanian. May I ask what exactly did you do to lift your limit?

Thanks a lot!

Login to Me Too

AlexAl
Contributor
Contributor

Hey! I just did what I said in one of my previous posts: aside from the fact that I sent a copy of my ID and a couple of bank statements,  I've answered the automated email, even though it was a "no reply" type of email.

I've also contacted them through the help center once again, with my case ID

Salut! Am facut exact ce-am zis intr-una din postarile mele anterioare: pe langa faptul ca le-am trimis o copie dupa buletin, si doua extrasuri de cont, am si raspuns la unul din emailurile lor automate, unul din alea unde specifica la sfarsit ca e un tip de email "no reply" si ca sa nu raspunzi.

Ei, eu am raspuns (asa mi-a spus sa fac cel care m-a ajutat aici), plus ca exact cand am raspuns, i-am si contactat din nou prin "help center", ca au aici pe site un loc unde poti sa comunici cu ei, si in titlu am pus exact ID-ul meu de la caz.

E ID-ul ala pe care-l primesti la instiintarea ca ti-au limitat contul. Ar trebui sa-ti apara de cate ori deschizi Paypal-ul in mesajul ala mare.

Daca mai ai vreo intrebare, sa-mi spui si-am sa-ncerc sa te-ajut cu screenshot-uri.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.