Paypal Notification Email Address

B2mocheko
Contributor
Contributor
Online tracking I have been receiving my payment emails from the above address, I wanted to find out if they are really paypal or if it's a scam cause I haven't received any physical payment into my online paypal account, I keep getting told to wait a few days and I have to pay to upgrade my personal account into a business one. Please can anyone assist, I don't know what to do
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you have not had payment in your paypal account balance then you have not been paid so why did you send the item.

Not sure its a scam but it does sound like one, did you send the item to somewhere in Africa?

Did you have an email to say your payment would not be released until you provided a tracking number?

Are the payments pending in your paypal balance?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

B2mocheko
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I sent it to Nigeria. I got an email from paypal via onlinetracking and they said that if i do not pay R4750 in order to upgrade my account they will send authorities to me as my account will be credited afterwards.

I sent the item cause i got a payment notification via email and not via my account. It said it was from paypal.

Login to Me Too

B2mocheko
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i did have an email stating that, so i sent the reference number through to paypal via onlinetackings email address.

The amount is still panding in my paypal account, there has been no activity in the past month.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

B2mocheko
Contributor
Contributor

what do you advice me to do in order to recieve my payment as they have received tha package but i still dont have my money, should i just count my loses and move on?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How can you get your money?

Paypal can't do anything for you as nothing was done via their site as any messages were not from paypal but made to look as if they were.

As they are in another country there is no way to force them to pay unfortunately. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.