Paypal Account Limited. Wrong Infomation when signing up.

Bingo_Bango
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all im a little worried and confused about my paypal account.

I set it up last year to sell on eBay so i can downsize and move in with my partner and making some money for the rent ect along the way, however when i hit the limit on paypal , they asked me to send some infomation to verify my identity.

I sent my provisional licence off and my insurance document to paypal, but course the insurance document was rejected so i sought to get another form of address verification. 

Very soon after to be sent an email from a paypal employee, to say that my account has been limited due to wrong infomation crossmatching when theyn tried to verify - this was of course my name which i entered wrongly using my first and middle ; rather than first and last names.

She told me to open a new paypal account with my first and family last name, and a new email address, but i thought you can only have one paypal account per user, and my card details would not be able to be transferred to the new account once ive created as its currently on the locked account so i wouldn't be able to sell or buy anymore which is troubling me. 

Hope someone would be able to she some light at least for me please.

Regards Shell.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact customer services and see if they can just do a name change for you.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Bingo_Bango

Welcome to the community forum. 

Thanks for posting about this. As we operate as a bank in the UK we are unable to change the name on an account to that of another person. I know that is not what you are doing here but what it means is that we cannot change the registered surname unless there is a legal reason for doing it such as marriage or a deed poll. 

The solution to that it that you open a new account with the correct details. You would need to work with our customer service team on this but once you have the new account open we can help you transfer your financial information over. The old account would remain limited. 

I hope this clarifies things. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

Bingo_Bango
Contributor
Contributor
Hi thankyou to you both for getting in touch. You have been helpful. Rachael, ive set up a new account as asked so you would be able transfer my financial information over from the old account ? Thank you Michelle 🙂
Login to Me Too

Bingo_Bango
Contributor
Contributor

Hi me again. Was wondering if theres any news on assisting with my paypal account now ive opened another one as intructed?

Sorry i havnt been on here for while due to some personal issues but i would like to see if this can be resolved. Thankyou very much.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.