No identity verification options are functioning, and cannot process sales?!

shoogiebeats
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold some music productions that I worked hard to create, and I find it absolutely ludacrous to begin with that my earned funds aren't available until a 21 day period has passed. However, this isn't the real issue, in effort to reduce the "pending time" I tried verifying my identity with every tedious method paypal offers: automated call, text message or personal information verification.

When I tried the automated voice and text message, my phone number that has BEEN ON MY ACCOUNT FOR 3 YEARS didn't show up and when I tried to enter the number SEVERAL times, it said this every time I persisted in trying: "This number doesn't appear to be registered in your name, please try again." After several attempts, I then proceeded in trying the personal information option; but to no avail it read: "Sorry, we are unable to retrieve your information at this time. Please try another option." This is just rediculous, I entered my phone number exactly as it appears on my settings page, yet it doesn't accept it? And your site can't even find any personal information for me to verify myself in the first place? 

Furthermore, I have two pending sales that I tried to mark as processed to speed up this rediculous, excessive wait time; yet, it will only allow me to mark ONE as processed. After attempting to mark the other as processed, it said I would recieve an email after 30 minutes so that I could also mark the other one as processed. I have recieved NO SUCH email and still cannot proccess the sale.

Lastly, PAYPAL, I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY, WHY CAN YOU NOT GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER? I've had my paypal for 3+ years, yet there has been no improvements in algorithms and programming? You guys are making it impossible for me to verify myslelf and are essentially holding my hard earned money hostage AND taking fees that SHOULD go towards your development and programming, which is atrotious as of right now. 

I'd appreciate it if you guys could resolve this issue ASAP.

Thanks,

Collin (shoogiebeats)

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

shoogiebeats
Contributor
Contributor

I also apologize for any spelling and grammar errors on my behalf, I wrote this complaint in haste. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.