How to delete a limited account?

TheLoneWolf1221
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, this is my first post, but it is important.  My friend involved me in something in which someone was "scammed" for 50$.  She payed me, then I payed him.  She did a chargeback, and I have a -50$.   I also have a -19.99$ charge from the game I bought using the money (I found out later he scammed people).  Now my account is limited, but I cannot provide any of the documents, because 1: They were non-tangible goods, and I am underage, and as such, do not have a utilities bill, nor a drivers lisence/ID.  I just read the ToS (didn't read it originally) and found out that the reason this was being asked for, was that underage users are not allowed.  I am wondering if I somehow get 70$ if I would be able to delete my account?  Thanks for your help ~Lone. 

(TLDR, I want my paypal account deleted, after I pay 70$ to fix a negative balance) 

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes you can close a paypal account, click on the profile icon (spanner looking thing next to log out on your paypal account summary page) > close account is halfway down the page on the left.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TheLoneWolf1221
Contributor
Contributor

When you have a limited account, you cannot close your account, and I am underage and cannot provide the documents to get it unlimited.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi TheLoneWolf1221

Thanks for posting about this. 

I am afraid it is not possible to close an account with a limitation in place or delete it. If you are underage you won't be able to resolve the limitation as you have said. 

Once you turn 18 we will be able to help you to open a new account and get any details you need moved over. 

Rachael

Login to Me Too

TheLoneWolf1221
Contributor
Contributor

If you are underage you won't be able to resolve the limitation as you have said

I know that, I am just wondering if there would be a way I could resolve the negative balance?  They said something about sending out collection people.

Once you turn 18 we will be able to help you to open a new account and get any details you need moved over. 

I don't wish to use paypal anymore, and I won't be getting the info for that for about another 10 years... .-.  Any way that customer support could just delete the account once I resolved a negative balance?  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi TheLoneWolf1221,

I'm afraid it is not possible to close a PayPal account while there is a limitation on it. I do understand that you may not have the requested information for a long time however the limitation will remain on the account until the requested information is received.

I hope this answers your question.

Paula

Login to Me Too

TheLoneWolf1221
Contributor
Contributor

So I have to wait the like 10 years until I get the info?  

Login to Me Too

XBLCandy
New Community Member

Yes it is really dumb.. Im underage and PayPal is asking for my Bank Info.. Are you kidding me? I cant take my card off the account. I would love to do so, because im not able to use my card on my parents account... they need to close my account or get the card off it, because I bassically just wasted $60.00 what a joke PayPal

Login to Me Too

Mariosst
New Community Member

Hello, my acc is limited since 2013 from some money a friend gave me to give him a game content, since then i cant delete the acc or use paypal, my summary is 0$, can i somehow delete the acc and get a new one that is not asking me once ina  while how i purchased this or that? since its my money i can do whatever i want with them right?

Login to Me Too

rashidkaif1
Contributor
Contributor

i want to delete my limited account but how its possible  ?,please help me

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.