Help !! On the verge of suing paypal.. any advice ?

mayo1991
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so i have money in my paypal account and out of the blue it gets locked and they refuse to tell me why.

Then they tell me my account is permanently locked, i cant do business on paypal no more and they will be holding my money for 160 day from the last payment received..

at that time i was a student and invested EVERYTHING into my paypal so when it got locked my bank account was on -£980 (overdraft limit = £1000). and on top of that i accumulated fees from selling on ebay which i could not afford to pay and paypal refused to pay them despite the fact that they own ebay...

My last payment received was 19/4/2016 meaning paypal was suppose o give me my money back on 26/9/2016 but today is 06/12/2016 and i just receied a email saying my money will be held for 160 day from last payment.....huh....

ANYWAY im tired of this company and want to move on to better things but paypal are dragging this so i talked to my friend who literally graduated top of his class a few weeks ago and he showed me how to go about suing them without it costing me a dime 😄

i was just about to submit a claim against paypal to the small claims court in the UK on the Gov website but i want to get the communities advice on it

i have my lawyer friend walking me through the process but i would like to get some adice from someone who has already been through the process so i can know what to expect. i will postpone to submission up untill 12/12/2016 (next week monday)

thanks for all your help..

mikeyyy

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mayo1991

Paypal DO NOT own ebay and I can't see why they should pay your fees either !!

Paypal don't lock accounts for no reason, on the contrary they make money on people USING their paypal accounts so its only done if you break paypal rules.

As for your funds they are always frozen for 180 days so that the money is there to pay back anyone from any buyer disputes filed against you. A buyer can file a dispute up to 180 days.

No one here can say whether you should file a legal claim or not BUT as you agreed to paypal terms in the LEGAL user agreement and that includes any holds they are allowed to apply (if you break paypal rules), then I suggest you may be throwing good money after bad but thats entirely your choice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lashabero
Contributor
Contributor
Hello i want sue paypal too theu help scammer hiw i see they not refound money i am send all documents a police report and all .... But they not refound money......
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.