Bank account verification. Deposits not showing on statement

Drinkall
Contributor
Contributor

I rang paypal on monday to see why I wasn't verified and they said I would have to wait until friday for the two deposits to show up on my bank statement so I can verify my bank. It is now friday and there isn't any deposits on my bank statement. I need to be verified now because I have already purchased something and need to pay the money for it.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Drinkall,

Don't worry, if today is the 3rd working day you should see the 2 deposits in your bank account by the end of the day today or the next working day at the latest which is Monday.

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

Drinkall
Contributor
Contributor

Well no If I did it monday then wednesday or thursday would of been the 3rd working day O.o Why can't paypal make it possible to verify bank account over the phone? Would be so much easier...

Login to Me Too

Jessii
New Community Member

I have the same problem with 2 payments. They were supposedly sent on the 11th and today the 15th - still nothing. My brother never had this problem when he joined a short time ago!!!  Why is everything so difficult? You have to sign in with your paypal password to access this forum. Then if you want to reply you have to sign in again and it re-directs you away from paypal only to be asked to create a new user name. Can't people make things simple nowadays?

Login to Me Too

hnicholls
Contributor
Contributor

im having the same problem, says mine were sent wednesday and ive still not seen anything im waiting to pay and to sell stuff which i darnt do until i have confirmation my paypal is actually working, things need to be easier, ive found it easier to get a phone contract than sign up to paypal 😕

Login to Me Too

red1007
New Community Member

I have EXACTLY the same problem as you've all described on here  Woman Frustrated   Reached my spending limit, account needs verfying....blah blah blah.  Have been waiting for my bank deposits since Wednesday with sellers wanting payment I'm now in the same frustrating position described on here by other frustrated users.  So here we all are wasting time on our day's off work  trying to sort out PayPal's inefficiency.  I've visited my bank and spoke to the cashiers earlier and they kindly went through my bank account with a fine tooth comb but nothing has been credited and even though I've just added extra credit cards which are not even linked to my bank account PayPal STILL won't let me pay for my items.  Finding it all very frustrating Woman Sad

Login to Me Too

mikeyh
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. Deposits aren't showing on my bank statement to verify my account, said they were sent 3 days ago. Any help paypal?

Login to Me Too

oxcliffe
Contributor
Contributor

Please Help. I am now in my 4th week of trying to verify my account. I dont sell on ebay, I just like to buy. I am a disabled pensioner and never had any bank or money problems, yet Pay Pal are making me feel like a criminal. The 2 random deposits never came through, I have made quite a few phone calls to PayPal and they have insisted on several occasions that they have been sent, but they never show up in my account. My bank have been very helpful and assure me nothing has been sent, or refused. I was getting so upset that my son rang for me (with my permissoin ) and spoke on several occasions to a supervisor who said it would be investigated. Then came the emails they wanted copies of my bank statements and ID, also a covering letter. My son sent them for me, and lo and behold that wasnt enough either. They wanted more by fax, so my Bank very kindly got everything required and THEY FAXED them through. Next we got an email with step by step instructions of how to verify and why.,and that is all they say. We have done that every time asked and it wont let us go any further because all the info is already there. I dont care what they say, THEY HAVE NEVER SENT THE 2 DEPOSITS.I AM NOT STUPID OR A LIAR. THEY HAVE GOT ALL SORTS OF INFO ABOUT MY BANK ACCOUNT AND I AM STUCK WHAT TO DO NOW. AFTER ALL ITS MY MONEY I AM SPENDING. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE

Login to Me Too

spbw
Contributor
Contributor

I have requested the two payments, only one arrived.

I requested again. Nothing arrived.

That was weeks ago and well past the 3 day excuse Paypal always gives.
I am getting no help from Paypal

We sold an item and the money went to a wrong account. Paypal just ignore us when we ask for this money to be changed over.
We are getting no help from Paypal

Paypal page says we should confirm the bank. When we try to do this it says there is no need to confirm
We are getting no help from Paypal.

We contact Paypal and only ever get automated responses that solve nothing. It looks like it is the same here on the Forum. A stanard "3 day" answer and then users are totally ignored. If you run a Forum then have the professionalism and balls to answer the questions!
Is this the "service" to be expected from PayPal?

Should we cancel and be looking for another method?

RSVP

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there spbw, 

When you say just the 1 deposit arrived, did you get charged £0.01 GBP and receive a 4 digit code next to it? 

If so, try going back to 'Profile' and 'My Money' and enter the code next to the bank account. 

With the funds you were expecting that have gone to the wrong PayPal account, this normally happens if an incorrect email address has been added through eBay at the time of you listing your item, can you see the funds sitting in your balance of the 2nd PayPal account? If so, then you can use the 'Send Money' tab and send them as a personal payment to the correct PayPal account. 

Just to note- this is a Community Forum and not direct customer service so yes we drop in to moderate discussions however the main purpose of a forum is for  members of the community to share their own knowledge and experiences.

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.