Account Limits Error?

ContrarianLemon
Contributor
Contributor

I recently received an email stating I have reached my sending limit and need to verify my account. However, when I go to my 'Account Limits' page, it states I still have plenty remaining. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what "remaining" means in this case, but this isn't even the core of the issue.

When I follow the instructions and attempt to lift my account limits, I reach a page with several steps for me to follow, all of which are crossed out and have a green 'Completed' tick next to them (this is before I've even done anything upon reaching that page.) At the top of the page, I'm getting a yellow error stating, "More information required to lift account limits".

I cannot actually do anything on this page. Nothing for me to follow, no other options to select, buttons to press. All I can do is 'Cancel'.

This is rather irritating as I need access to my paypal account to make payments on the regular, but now I'm being basically blocked out for no reason. I have held off on calling support yet as I absolutely hate dealing with customer service on the phone and would rather email/message, but paypal is apparently too good to have those methods of communication.

Has anybody encountered this problem before/know the solution? It seems a lot like I may have to just call up support.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ContrarianLemon

Ways to contact customer services.
>>

1. You can click on help / contact and use the email option in the blue band at the top of the page.

2. You can click on help / contact and use the phone option in the blue band top of the page.

3. You can send them a p.m via their Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/PayPal

4. You can send them a p.m via their Twitter page @ AskPayPal for Twitter

5. You can use the message centre in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ContrarianLemon
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, there isn't an email option where you said there should be, but I think I figured out what the problem was anyway. Hopefully confirming my bank account solves this problem.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ContrarianLemon

Well there is its called 'message centre' and you can email them from there OR log into your paypal account to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ContrarianLemon
Contributor
Contributor

When providing instructions, it helps if they're correct and relevant. You not only listed "the email option" in your first point, which turns out you mislabeled and instead meant the 'Message Centre', the fifth point is about the 'Message Centre', too. Redundant and confusing?

You also listed calling them, as a response to my aversion to calling customer support?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ContrarianLemon

So sorry I gave up my time to respond to your post to 'try' and help you.

Message Centre and Email are one and the same thing as most folks understand.

I always post the FULL list as others 'google' for contact info and learn from other threads.

YOU were the one that said you 'may' have to call, not me, so you had that option listed.

Most folks say 'thank you' or leave 'kudos' not have a go because they 'did not like' one of the options listed.

So I won't make the mistake of trying to help you in the future.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ContrarianLemon
Contributor
Contributor

You gave up your time? That's literally what a volunteer is, don't try and get sassy just because copy and pasting a poorly written list didn't get you internet points.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ContrarianLemon

Your a little charmer aren't you, I prefer polite folks that appreciate others giving up their time to help.

Don't hurry back now as you won't get any help from me.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ContrarianLemon
Contributor
Contributor

Why are you still replying? And I'll get help one way or another, PayPal doesn't suddenly stop functioning because a volunteer got upset.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ContrarianLemon

You still here? Toddle off, please do.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.