"Non-official" transactions?

tossin
New Community Member

Is it recommended to use Paypal for "non-official" transactions?  By "non-official," I mean an exchange of funds and goods by two individual people without any actual store involved e.g. something like Craigslist, where two random strangers enact a transaction face-to-face.  Is there any sort of buyer/seller protection there?

Thanks,

Evan Kao

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

If your thought is to not pay fees, not really.   Basically one is either a buyer or a seller.  Note, trying to be a seller with a Personal Account, you will run into limitations.  Being a buyer with a Personal Account is OK.  And Personal Accounts work fine for sending/receiving funds from friends/family.   However, if you plan to be a seller, best to go with a Premier or Business Account.   There is no cost to have one of these accounts and both are more flexible than a Personal Account.

Regards.

skier

Login to Me Too

tossin
New Community Member

Well, I assumed there would be fees.  I was only wondering how protected both parties would be if they were both personal accounts as opposed to what's normally a personal-business transaction.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

There should be no difference assuming one follows the steps outlined in the User Agreement.  It's still breaks down to someone buying or someone selling.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.