paypal dispute & paypal buyer protection

T0818
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help or give advice.  After approx waiting 2 weeks for not receiving my item, contacting seller and getting no response, i went through the process of filing a dispute thru paypal.  this was in October.  I've contacted paypal approx 3 times since, getting answers such as, "no decision has been made at this time." and "we're experiencing a large volume of cases."  Has anyone had a similar experience?  How was it resolved?  How long did it take?  Does the buyer protection plan using paypal really work?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Robert_us
New Community Member
Buyer protection is nothing! I filed a complaint against a terrible seller who has lied to me and refused to answer a simple question that would have made things go much easier. i went to paypal, filed a claim and had it rejected because paypal got information i have been denied by my seller. Why Paypal lets the seller keep my money and not show me anything tangible and keep stone walling is beyond me.
Login to Me Too

ehrbert7408
New Community Member

I waited two MONTHS and got no resolution from PAYPAL.  It's a total waste of time.  PayPal "buyer protection" is a scam to get you to use their service and collect fees.  Convienient - yes, until you have a problem.  BUYER BEWARE when using PayPal - if you know or have done business with a seller in the past, PayPal may be ok.  DO NOT utilize PayPal if you don't know your seller - if they stiff you, PayPal will too.

Login to Me Too

Mike9717
New Community Member

I bought a Western Digital media palyer and never receive it, I thought I was protected by Paypal for that.  I was wrong, I filed a cliamed and was declined in a day because the seller has sent the item.  According to the buyer protection of Paypal, the buyer is protected from not received item.  Will be more careful in using Paypal from now.

Login to Me Too

T0818
Contributor
Contributor

Well after contacting ebay again i finally got some "good" help.  The ebay rep said that i did get reimbursed for the item that i didn't receive.  She told me how i can check.  First go into your account history and then the dates you wish to look up.  Sure enough ebay did reimburse "protect" me, I just didn't know it.  The strange thing about the whole thing is that ebay never notified me of any of this: That the claim I filed went in my favor and when my account was actually credited.  I was reimbursed about 1 month after i filed the claim without me knowing it AND BEFORE i had contacted ebay 2 others times, and during those 2 times the ebay rep never told me of this, only on this last time.

Anyways for those that care, the ebay buyer protection did work for me, just not so smoothly.

Login to Me Too

lcspendn
Contributor
Contributor

glad u did your followup for us--very good info to know..thanx!

Login to Me Too

anniep
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  I didn't received my boots so I filed a dispute.  I finally received them but they were not what I had ordered.  After keeping me hanging for weeks with we have not made a decision yet, they finally said refiled a new claim but they would not be investigating.  What does that mean?  My original claim has been deleted like it never happened.  I will never use paypal again.  Buyer protection my ...! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.