Scam? Unjustified dispute which paypal sided with the buyer.

Aye_Zee_Enn
Contributor
Contributor

The case, where I owe a lady money is just absurd. She claims that someone made a paypal with her email, and some how logged into paypal with that email with out even checking the email to pay me via credit card.

Last I checked, you have to verify your email to send a payment. She claimed that she didn't open the paypal, and didn't get the email. This doesn't make sense. Because I tried making a new paypal and to pay, I needed to link my paypal and confirm my email address. She says she didn't do this, so it doesn't add up.

This is a total scam, doing a charge back after sending the item. And I will not stand up to this. I will email you every week and call you until this is justified. I have emails from this lady, ***** or whoever she really is. As stated, she "claimed" that she didn't open the paypal. She said she didn't use her credit card. How could someone get her credit card, and confirm her bank unless its herself, a husband, or a son. This is absurd, and not even contacting me until they issued the charge back. Why would you issue a charge back with out even talking to the seller or even doing a dispute other then charge back. And AFTER I sent the item. I smell scam and I will not pay until this is justified.

I basically copied this from the emails I keep sending to paypal.

Is this unjustified? Paypal is making me pay for a charge back from a product I sold legitly.

What Can I do? I will not pay...its unfair and unjust. Paypal is making me pay within 10 days. And I've been trying to contact them via email and no luck.

Should I just call?

(edited name with ****)

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Tsuyu
Contributor
Contributor

Let me get this straight:

You sold something to a person, who then claimed that she didn't buy it and sent a charge back, which charged you X dollars to transact.

You're (understandably) **bleep** and want your item back, along with reimbursement for the chargeback?

I'm not a lawyer, but what I would do is print up an invoice telling the person that they can pay you either -item cost- + X dollars for chargeback or return -item- + X dollars for chargeback, and tell them they they have 20 days to send it back or you'll take legal action against them (theft is a crime).

But don't send it via e-mail, ship it via confirmed delivery (or whichever requires the recipents signature with delivery)  to the NAME and ADDRESS that you shipped -item- that was stolen to.

Unless I'm missing something this will mean that whoever recieved the item will now recieve the invoice, instead of the person who's money was used via paypal; they will also have to sign for it, meaning that they cannot claim it was lost in the mail. Make and keep copies of whatever papers are relevant to this, and if you get no reply within 20 days, file charges if you're willing to go that far, or forget it.

that's just what I would do though, Rhianna

Login to Me Too

Aye_Zee_Enn
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is, its an Electronic Item.

I tried contacting the buyer, but no response. 

Login to Me Too

Tsuyu
Contributor
Contributor

Humm... is it too much if I ask what price/item it was?

Login to Me Too

Aye_Zee_Enn
Contributor
Contributor

It's like a key, off something I scrached off. 

I offered to mail it, just incase, but the buyer declined and just asked for the email of it.

Was in my invoice stating it was electronic, and sent via email, and non-refundable unless its reasonable.

Login to Me Too

Tsuyu
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, was it sold for much?, if its 10-15 bucks it may just have to be written off as an expensieve lesson on always getting an address, and poor feedback left (if it's ebay)

Also if it was a code could you possibly use it before the buyer?

Login to Me Too

Aye_Zee_Enn
Contributor
Contributor

It was 100 USD.

I did not use it, as I am an honest seller. As I even offered to mail it.

Login to Me Too

Tsuyu
Contributor
Contributor

Oh jeez, $100... Is there any chance you could still cash it in now I meant? I wasn't insinuating that you were a dishonest seller, I just meant it in a sort of -I'll cash it in even if I won't use it just so you can't have it- way since they've tried to steal it. Was it a gift card? to a store or something? a third party place I mean.

If it's something like a store gift card, maybe you could go to the store and say something like "My winning number was stolen, I have the card right here -proof of number ownership-, this is my address -proof of address- I want to know if there's anything that can be done about it, find out who stole it, or what have you?"

Login to Me Too

Aye_Zee_Enn
Contributor
Contributor

I used the cash, (transfered it. Because..you know. Can never be too safe)

Then the dispute happened. I'm not going to pay paypal for something out rageous. They never respond to my emails. Im about to call them up if they don't.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.