Payment has been on hold after i shipped package?

sjlennon23
New Community Member

About a week and a half ago, i shipped a gameboy that i sold on ebay. After about 5 or 6 days, i contacted the person that i sent the gameboy too via ebay mail and they said to me that they got it and would leave feedback. When i shipped the package, i didnt use a printable shiping label, i just went to the post office and wrote down the adress of my buyer. Now even after contacting my buyer, my funds are still being held and i dont know why or what i can do in order to get my money for the gameboy. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
196 REPLIES 196

Contributor
Contributor

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh    Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

dorians later?

Login to Me Too

Dawg
Contributor
Contributor

Well paypal just pulled the payment on hold crap on me unbelievable. They told me thier reasoning behind it was because i dont have a feedback score of 100 yet. You have got to be kidding! i cant believe thats thier reasoning behind it. Why would paypal pick on those of us who have perfect feedback and or those who have never had any issues with a buyer or seller, that makes absolutely no sense expet that they are up to something very sneaky and possibly up to some privacy invading  concerning our bank accounts. Its a crock of chit they are lying thats too lame of a reason to put a payment on hold.You dont do that to people who have never had an issue buying or selling they are up to something the scumbags. So now i have wait till the seller gives positive feedback or they keep my item and im **bleep**ed out of my money. What the **bleep** is paypal thinking to put that kind of trust in a buyer, holding my money KNOWING the buyer can say or do whatever he/she wants no matter if the item is just fine. Who the **bleep** is the itiot at paypal who came up with this one??? Must be a waste of a payroll person just coming up with something to justify his/her job. Anyways im sending the attourney generals office alll the information avaialable on this bull**bleep** meaningless policy they unjustly impose on us.

Login to Me Too

@Dawg wrote:

Well paypal just pulled the payment on hold crap on me unbelievable. They told me thier reasoning behind it was because i dont have a feedback score of 100 yet. You have got to be kidding!

Once again they show themselves to be very dishonest! I just had the same conversation and they fed me that line and I HAVE a 100% feedback rating! You know what they said after I told them that? "OH. Well , yes and also if you sell "high risk items" and then listed of 5 or 6 different catagories that cover everything I sell! PLEASE! Contact the Better Business Bureau  and also do a google search for "class action suit" and the offending parties name.

Login to Me Too

jayna5paige
Contributor
Contributor

You guys have got to check out this link 

http://letssuepaypal.com

I have been so incredibly FED UP!    So, I would love to see EVERYONE SIGN UP!!!!

This hold on funds practice has got to END.

I like your tactics of not sending the package.  I did not do that because, for some crazy reason (especially the first time they got me) I thought if I sent the package my money would be released right away.   HA!  It still took 3 freakin weeks!!  Also, I did not want to take the risk of getting any negative feedback.  I am proud to have 100% positive feedback.   Well, I WAS proud about it until I found out it does not mean enough to get MY money released.  MY MONEY.

If the Buyers have to start sqwaking LOUD that might help!  

It did not help me the first time they got me.  I sold a fabulous sweater to a lady who really wanted it.  She called to  try to get the funds released.  They said they needed positive feedback from her, she said okay I am giving positive feedback right now.  They would not accept that.  She said ok, cancel the whole thing and give me my money back.  They said no they have already taken the money from her account and they would not allow her to cancel.  (She wanted to go ahead and send me a check.)   I decided to ship the package, at ADDITIONAL cost to me.  She received the package, she LOVES the sweater, she gave positive feedback and still......   I waited.....     finally I did get the money.  That was the FIRST time they got me.  I didn't know what was going on, I was confused, embarrassed that my account was held.  I started making phone calls, over and over.   I made some really NASTY phone calls and that is not at all like me to do that.   Then I found this Forum.  But they GOT ME AGAIN!!!   They will continue if we let them.  I am no longer selling anything on ebay.  Now I am using webstore.com - they require NO FEES for anything and you do not have to use paypal.

Login to Me Too

annie2294
Contributor
Contributor

I AM TOTALLY NOT HAPPY OVER PAYPAL HOLDING ABOUT 1700 DOLLARS OF MY MONEY. I AM NEW TO EBAY AND THIS PAYPAL STUFF AND IT DOES NOT SEEM RIGHT THAT THEY CAN HOLD ARE MONEY WHEN I HAVE BILLS TO PAY AND ALL GOOD FEEDBACK GRANTED IT'S ONLY 14 OR SO BUT I THINK I'M DOING A PRETTY GOOD JOB AND I HAVE MADE SOME MISTAKES BUT I'M TOTALLY WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE ANY PROBLEM RIGHT. HOW CAN THEY HOLD ARE MONEY AND COLLECT INTEREST AND NOT PAY US THAT INTEREST? SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THIS HOLE PICTURE.

Login to Me Too

finalfour09
Contributor
Contributor

I am not shipping item if my money is not available for 20 days. I say the sell is off even if I get negative feedback. I will quit taking paypal. I will also quit selling on ebay if I can't take money orders.

Login to Me Too

finalfour09
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.

Login to Me Too

eco123eco
Contributor
Contributor

Here is a great one for this horrible idea!  I sell a bulk lot of items, an Ebay Store buys them from me, turns around and starts to sell them on Ebay and my money is being held hostage.  What kind of Monster has been created here?  Is this for real, Ebay will protect the Ebay Stores yet everyone else is on their own.  Ebay stores can buy your items re-sell them before you receive your money and that is okay.  This is a one-sided affair designed to protect all the Ebay Stores.  The average person does not benefit from this horrible idea!  While my money is held who is collecting the interest on that money?  Maybe it's time to speak with an Attorney, I think Pay-Pal owes us some interest on our held money?

Login to Me Too

boss

paypal is holding almost 500 dollas,after i have spent my money to ship every thing,i am left with no money

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.