Payment Not Showing? Please Help. :)

MissCrystena
New Community Member

Hello! I sold a cell phone on Ebay last night, this was my second sale of such an item so I do understand the evil concept that is... Pending status. However, the money is not even showing as pending status, it's not showing as existing... At all. The customer paid 171.00USD last night, Ebay confirmed and still today my paypal shows a big fat zero where it should at least say 171.00USD pending.  Any thoughts? Ideas on why this is happening, or how long it should take for the money to hit? Every other time I've sold anything or had money transferred into my paypal, it was instant and seamless. Please help.

Thanks so much 🙂

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Jayden04
Contributor
Contributor

maybe they paid the money to their account and not to you! I did that first paid my account because I could not figure out what was going on then since I was a first time user then I finally figured out how to pay the seller then the info showed up with the name amount and pending date

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the buyer has paid using PayPal and the payment doesn't show in your PayPal account activity or history page, the payment was sent to an email address which is not linked to your PayPal account.

You may have misspelled your PayPal email address in the payments section of your eBay listing or you may have used an old email address or you may need to confirm your email address.

To check which PayPal email address was used in the eBay listing, click on the "Relist" link for that item and look in the payments section for the PayPal email address.

If you have access to that email address, login to your PayPal account and "Add" the email address to your account. The payment will show up right after you confirm the email address.

If you do not have access to that email address, you will need to ask the buyer to cancel the payment and resend the payment to your correct email address. Send the buyer a PayPal invoice (Request Money) from your PayPal account to make it easier for the buyer to pay.

To check whether the email address needs to be confirmed, login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab and select the "Email" link in the left hand column. If it's not confirmed, click on the "Confirm" button to initiate the confirmation process.

For future eBay listings, make sure you have the correct PayPal email address in the payments section of each listing... here's a screen shot of that section of the eBay "Sell Your Item" form...

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

There are 2 possibilities;

1. The buyer never paid and the email you got informing you of payment is a fake.  Absent of seeing the money in Paypal, the way to know that you've been paid is that the '$' sign in your 'Myebay' beside the transaction is coloured in dark blue and says that the buyer paid via Paypal when you hover your mouse pointer over it.

2. There is an ongoing glitch in Paypal that's slowing the posting of payments down by up to 3-4 days.  The payment shows in ebay, but not in paypal during this period.  I suggest that you do not ship until you actually see the payment appear in Paypal.

Login to Me Too

TatTee

Does it show in your paypal transactions that youve recieved the payment, but its just showing up as $0.00 in your actual balance?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.