My account was HIJACKED!!!

SnoSno
New Community Member

I spoke to eBay and they blocked my account because they said someone was sending fraudulent messages to other members. They sent me a password reset email to the one listed under my profile, the MSN account. As it turned out the hacker or whatever you call him/her hijacked that as well because I used the same password for both eBay and email. It was a difficult password by the way.

I did what Msn said to do which was fill out this account validation form which asks you questions about your email account that only you would know. The problem is I setthis account up over 8 years ago simply to sign up for things like eBay etc. that required an email. So I did not have all the answers th there questions. I sent the form anyway and have now sent it three times as they continue to answer my problem by sending me the same form! I spoke to someone at MSN and they said they can only service PAYING CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS! **bleep** HOLES!!

Does anyone PLEASE have any idea what I can do to get access to my MSN account so I can 1. Close it 2. Get access back to my eBay account 3. Get a hold of someone at MSN and hammerfist their face into oblivion.

Thanks for any help

-SnoSno

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If MSN (do you mean Hotmail?) cannot help you re-establish access to your email account, you will need to speak to eBay Live Chat to see if eBay has a different procedure which will permit you to re-establish access to your eBay account.

If all else fails, have eBay close your hijacked eBay account and open a new email account and a new eBay account. This time write down and save the "secret" questions and the answers for each account.

Also, check your computer for keyloggers, malware, etc.

Login to Me Too

luvstampin
Contributor
Contributor

NEVER EVER use the same password for 2 different accounts and make sure they are something totally different.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

BEFORE you do that, you need to get rid of the keylogger spuware that is on your computer - that's how they got your other password, most likely.

Run several anti-spyware programs - keyloggers are difficult to get rid of and your odds of getting it go up with multiple attacks.

A very good anti-spyware program that has proved effective ( and it's free) is Malware anti-spyware;

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

You might want to download that.  There's a free one and a paid version - the free one works fine.

THEN, change ALL of your passwords because the scammer's got all of them by now.

And, to make your Paypal account bullet-proof, visit the security center in your Paypal account and buy one of their security keys for $5.  It puts a separate, randomly-generated numerical password on your account that changes every 30 seconds and cannot be hijacked, even if the scammer has your password.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.