Item not Received. Paid w/ Paypal and seller printed USPS label with PP

abcdefg
New Community Member

I haven't recieved an item paid for 2 weeks ago.  The seller used Paypal to print a label but it has never been scanned in at the PO.  Seller says she is protected since she shipped through Paypal and won't agree to a ful refund.

Anyone can print a label and never even stick it on a package.  Will PP at some point decide in my favor if the Delivery Confirmation never shows any action whatsoever?

How long does Paypal make you wait to see if a package shows up before they decide?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal has two programs to help protect buyers... the Buyer Protection Policy and the Buyer Complaint Policy.

The PayPal Buyer Protection Policy applies to eligible eBay transactions and covers INR (Item Not Received) and SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) claims. When a buyer wins a Buyer Protection Claim, PayPal will reimburse the buyer up to the protection amount ($200.00 or $2,000.00 or uncapped) specified in the eBay listing regardless whether the funds are available in the seller's PayPal account.

The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy applies to non-eBay transactions and eBay transactions which don't qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection. The PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy covers only INR claims... SNAD claims are not covered. When a buyer wins a Buyer Complaint Claim, PayPal will reimburse the buyer ONLY if the funds are available in the seller's PayPal account.

The policy specifics are at the following link...

https://cms.paypal.com/us/c%3Cwbr%3Egi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreem...

After filing a dispute through PayPal's Resolution Center and escalating the dispute to a claim, it may take as long as 30 days for your case to be reviewed

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The seller will need online viewable proof of delivery to win an INR (Item Not Received) claim.

Login to Me Too

pennreporter
New Community Member

When you open a claim, how do you know which policy you opened it under.  I didn't do it online but did it by telephone.  I purchased an item on Ebay, buy it now but somehow it directed me directly to paypal and not actually doing it through ebay.  Ebay has canceled the member's account because of other complaints.  Seller now has come up with an EMS tracking number which is untrackable (not in system and it is supposedly coming from China, which was never mentioned in the posting.)

So it's a tthe state now that Paypal says it's following up and will let me know today the status.  Well, I'm sure it won't be today.  But assuming that there ever is a refund, how long does it usually take and if you're denied under one policy, can you still do it under the other (protection plan versus complaint. )  I never chose a particular way to file.

thanks

Trisha

Login to Me Too

stucky30
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, anyone can print a label and say they shipped it. You must remember though, the USPS is the lowest cost shipping available. Therefore, you get what you pay for.

I can tell you that when I go to the post office to deliver my packages, the clerks at the front desk are not the friendliest people to deal with. They usually don't say a word, don't ask if you need any other services, and when you do need something extra, they tell you to go fill it out somewhere else without any help. Their only function is to get you out of their sight as quickly as possible. 

Many times, they will not scan the package into their system right there if they are really busy. They will take all of your packages, throw them into a big cart and tell you something like "don't worry, they'll be scanned somewhere." Usually, it doesn't get scanned until it's out for delivery.

I only use the USPS because they ship for only a fraction of the cost of what UPS and FedEx ship for and customers like to see that low cost option.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.