How can I get my money from a cheating seller?

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

He promised me a refund, then didn't send it, and disputed my paypal claim!

A seller sold coupons on eBay, and lied in the listing.  He stated the coupons could be stacked and used over the phone and they couldn't.  He sent an email with coupons attached, and in the email it basically said, by the way, I wouldn't try to stack these or use them over the phone.

I demanded a refund, and he was rude about it but agreed.  He said in a couple days he would send the refund.  I waited 9 days and started emailing him about it, (it's over $160).  He never responded again.  I filed a dispute after warning him. He is fighting the dispute! I don't know how to send paypal the emails, he thinks since he sent the coupons through email he doesn't have to pay me.  He is reselling the codes for the coupons, but I don't get my money back???

I didn't use the coupons, and I'm not going to.  What should I do

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@ashnicolew wrote:

I don't know if he's trying to say he mailed them?

If the tracking and shipping information is blank, it obviously is not proof that he mailed them.

Call PayPal tomorrow... point out that the tracking information is blank.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

You should wait for PayPal to make their decision. Since emails can be forged/modified, PayPal doesn't accept emails as proof.

If you haven't already, escalate the dispute to a claim so that PayPal can investigate and make a decision.

Login to Me Too

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

I got a message from paypal, the status was changed and it showed this.  The tracking number and shipping is blank what does that mean?

Status

The seller has responded to our request for tracking information. We haven't confirmed the tracking information yet but wanted to share it with you.

• Tracking number:
  • Shipping company:

We will review the information submitted by the seller

Login to Me Too

popeye
Contributor
Contributor

maybe you had the same seller we did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never again!!

Login to Me Too

bsbubbandfred

pay pal has your money and they will not give it back to you

Login to Me Too

loual5757
Contributor
Contributor

How can I change to claim.   Seller no longer member of offer.  sent a one dollar billfold instead of a large Gucci hobo hand bag dark brown.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@loual5757 wrote:

How can I change to claim.   Seller no longer member of offer.  sent a one dollar billfold instead of a large Gucci hobo hand bag dark brown.

Login to your PayPal account, click on the "Resolution Center" tab and open a SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) dispute. Escalate the dispute to a claim if the seller doesn't provide a satisfactory resolution.

The dispute must be opened no more than 45 days after your payment was sent, and... the dispute must be escalated to a claim no later than 20 days after the dispute was opened... be sure to not miss those deadlines.

Login to Me Too

popeye
Contributor
Contributor

what does paypal accept?????   excuses from excuse kings....

buyers always lose..i feel like one of the poor animals on "peta",that are hurt, abused, & horrible things done to them, & no one helps. people work there, as though as its normal to not help someone innocent..

i feel that every penny us buyers lose, & honest sellers lose, pay pal, & ebay should match some of it, & donate to all the animal shelters, peta, ect.  Then maybe the repeated answer wouldn't hurt so much.

Login to Me Too

tr_right
Contributor
Contributor

First off, do not compare losing some cash through paypal to the abuse and horrible torture those animals go through.  I'm sure they would rather lose some cash than get mangled and violated.

That's just offensive to anyone who has been abused, animal or not!

Second, I have lost $$ through paypal by selling to someone who tried to scam me, but every system is flawed when it comes to scam artists, they work the system to get around the safety features.  There are scam buyers and scam sellers, who can manipulate emails and other documents to "prove" delivery or anything else they need, so I can understand how certain things can't be used as evidence because they aren't reliable.

I agree the system needs improvement, but not that extreme.

Login to Me Too

popeye
Contributor
Contributor

What i meant is that they should donate money to the poor animals around the world!  Not do any torture. Just said since we can't get money back, then they should donate something of a good cause. And animal abuse is very worldwide now. im a big animal activist, and it sadens my heart for all animals.

if you lost 1800 .00 you would not be a happy camper either.  I was being caring when I replied to you. I meant no harm.  

here we sit at home, looking like the dumbest victims of fraud!!!!  i am talking of my husband & I.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.