Hold on payments after delivery is confirmed?

nwGamers
New Community Member

I want to know you're experiences with this hold policy. I have sold multiple items on eBay and I always get a tracking number when I ship an item. I have confirmation that the items have been delivered but I still have holds on the money. I have also added the tracking numbers to paypal and to eBay. I have not however received any feedback yet. It has only been a few days since the items have been delivered but I want to know if I'm going to have to wait the full 20 day hold or if anyone has experience with this and can tell me how long it takes. Thanks

Login to Me Too
363 REPLIES 363

ltrtiger
Contributor
Contributor
We live and learn. As for me, I used to allow a balance to remain in my paypal account, but after this, no more. It's going to be cleaned out at the first opportunity. I'll have a credit card on file for the EXTREMELY RARE occasions I use PayPal again which won't be likely at all. Premier account, verified member for nearly 7 years. PayPal can kiss this account goodbye. Granted that's only one and they obviously don't give a flip, but if enough folks do this, perhaps they'll get back to doing things the right way. Just a greedy, non-responsive bunch. Just stop doing business with them. Hit them where they live.
Login to Me Too

Mickey_9
Contributor
Contributor

Here I am trying to play their bogus game and this is what I get for adding tracking info for 5 hours now:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, (edited, not permitted and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Agreed they should be shot.

Login to Me Too

nicrotel
New Community Member

I am having the smae problem wut do I do to get my money?

Login to Me Too

edsnwpva
Contributor
Contributor

Just wanted to add my two cents worth to this discussion.  Like several of you, I have been a member of ebay and paypal almost since they were started.  I was disappointed, but not surprised when ebay quickly became a happy hunting ground for every pawn shop owner, scam artist and various other lowlifes from all over the world.  Nevertheless, I have continued to buy and sell on ebay from time to time, though not nearly in the volume that it apparently takes to keep paypal from confiscating my funds for a month.

Since Paypal is currently sitting on $900 of MY MONEY (items have all been received by the buyers for several weeks now), I suppose I will just have to be patient.  As soon as my funds are available, I will be closing my paypal account for good.  THIS COMPANY **bleep** **bleep**!  I can, and will, sell my stuff (for free, by the way) on craigslist from now on.

Cheers.

Ed

Login to Me Too

jimh
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is Ebay.  They bought PayPal quite a while ago, and wired it into Ebay's transaction processing.  When Ebay decided to shift risk from buyers to sellers, they told PayPal to start running these cash float games, which also make them a ton of money.  PayPal is still quite useable outside of Ebay.  And Ebay is steadily running aground, so watch for alternatives.  Ebay can, however, prevent new auction sites from integrating their transactions with PayPal if they chose to do so. 

This is what big corporations do. They find something that's working, buy it, then try to find ways to squeeze more and more money out of it, with ever-crazier schemes, until it doesn't work anymore.

Login to Me Too

LES2341
Contributor
Contributor

Without writing a novella here about my abject rage regarding this "hold" policy; I will mention a quote I overheard a local county judge use one day. I will not use Paypal at every opportunity now. I suspect thousands will quit forever. Here is his quote,  it is very appropriate:

"You can shear a sheep every year, but you can only skin him once!!".

Login to Me Too

hellwithF33bay
New Community Member

Paypal has been getting progressively worse ever since ebay bought them. Even before the buyout paypal started going down hill.

I Just started a paypal account and will be closing it as soon as you hebrews release the money....

Yea, I already received positive feedback but did paypal release the money like they said? **bleep** NO

PAYPAL / EBAY control the online auction world.... They have no competition which us civilians desperately need to ensure certain organizations do not run all over you and your money.

Theres a new fee **bleep** near every couple months...

Login to Me Too

plasticpony51
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, IAM SO DONE with paypal!!!  CROOKS is all I can say. Karma is a **bleep**.

Login to Me Too

tommy_b

I hadn't used ebay to sell anything in about two years - the last thing i sold was an almost new macbook for $2100 and I remember getting the payment right away.

However,, back in July, I sold off my XXX video collection with lots of sought after out of print titles, $400. The auction closed at 11P on June 25, I shipped on June 27 via priority mail, entered the tracking no. as instructed. It arrived in its destination city June 29, and had to be redelivered so the guy got it on July 30. It wasn't until July freakin' 3rd that the funds were finally released.The guy never left me feedback. In fact, I never ever communicated with him at all. I sent him a couple emials and thats was it... never got any replies.

But that was en entire week MY money was sitting in escrow and PayPal was sucking up the interest.

Because I bank with one of their partner banks, my funds were in my account on July 5, so at least I didn't have to wait another 3-5 more days to get paid.

I don't sell much nowadays but the next time I do I'll rethink the PayPal strategy. I had no clue the mone y was goinig to go into escrow and that really **bleep** me off. Because they are doing the same things banks do - banks are STILL telling people that theu put 15 day holds on non-local checks because that's how long it still takes to clear. give me a freakin break... in this day and age? where businesses don't even have to present the actual check to the bank anymore and can do an immediate electronics fund collection? I wish they do something about alll that crap.

Login to Me Too

ltrtiger
Contributor
Contributor
Until someone files a class action suit our best bet is to clean out the account at first opportunity and do no more business with either eBay or PayPal. Exactly what I'm going to do. Hope they enjoy this interest. Funny thing....I usually keep $500 or so in PayPal which I will no longer be doing. Was this worth it, PayPal? A few days interest on $800 vs. what would have been months of having $500 to earn on? Stupid. Absolutely stupid. Something else....I can't get over how non-responsive PayPal has been. No replies to email....can't get a contact via phone calls....and no admin or PayPal reps participate in this thread anymore. Then again what are they going to say about this? Not much they can say is there.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.