Help to understand UPS shipping w/ebay please

cindiw2
Contributor
Contributor

I need help to understand the UPS shipping discount policy with ebay sellers, for starters. How much is the discount, and the buyer pays me through Paypal and I get a discount on the shipping? Thanks...

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

artwaik
New Community Member

I just posted something on this too, I have discovered so far I am paying MORE going through paypal than if I go directly through UPS for shipping. No discount for me so far....

Login to Me Too

cindiw2
Contributor
Contributor

Hmmm, that's interesting. I hope someone answers soon that can enlighten us on this subject. Maybe I'll call UPS? It's almost like you have to be a rocket scientist to understand all these rules, regulations, and instructions. 🙂

Login to Me Too

phoenix

Simply go to UPS's website, that is how I did it. It was cheaper than going through PayPal!

Login to Me Too

cindiw2
Contributor
Contributor

that is very interesting. I have a couple of items that i could sell, they're not really too expensive, etc., but after all this trouble, etc., I think I'll just give them to Goodwill & hope for a tax deduction. When I first started selling on eBay, years ago, it was so simple ... introduce Paypal, insurance, & shipping instructions, take away free Auctiva, and now it's not worth my time. But thanks for the headsup about UPS -- yes, Goodwill, here I come! 🙂

Login to Me Too

summer87111
Contributor
Contributor

THIS **bleep** BIG TIME. I spent a l a long time, setting up a UPS account and changing all the settings at Ebay and Paypal...only to find out that when I went to print a shipping label at Paypal, that the discount WAS NOT APPLIED.  I went through the steps 3 times, to make sure I did it correctly---and NO DISCOUNT IS EVER APPLIED.  Just another Ebay / Paypal SCAM.

Login to Me Too

summer87111
Contributor
Contributor

The Ebay Chat person said that I needed to send an invoice to the buyer, and then this would trigger the UPS discount.  I doubt it, but I'll try.  I went right to Paypal to print the shipping label, and the discount wouldn't show up.  I don't know why I would have to send an invoice, if the buyer already paid.

Login to Me Too

cindiw2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Here's the thing: I took my item to the UPS store (after I set up an account through the Paypal-Ebay thing w/UPS, AFTER my question and complaint because of something I read) and had it weighed. Then I came home and printed out the receipt at home with UPS/Paypal and found that yes, there certainly WAS a discount. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

cindiw2
Contributor
Contributor

Furthermore, all I did was decide to send it to the buyer through Paypal UPS. You have a choice with Paypal as to how you will send it. Because I wasn't sure how it would weigh out, I simply said regular ground as my only choice for buyer, and in the description you could write shipping will be exact amount according to ground rates or any other way the buyer wants it sent. I didn't do that, I estimated it and gave a definite price in my listing, but did not specify UPS. Anything that is too heavy I will use UPS because it's cheaper than Priority and it is insured up to a certain amount through UPS. So again, yes, I did receive a discount going through UPS/Paypal. I think Paypal still offers you a choice when you get to the shipping part regardless of whether you choose UPS as your primary sender.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.