Got ripped off twice.

jmarcumsr
Contributor
Contributor

Paypals buyers protection is a joke, I purchased Microsoft office XP software from a Ebay seller with a buy it now and the very next day Ebay removed the listing claiming it was a fraudulent. I received a bootleg copy of XP in the mail and tried to install it on an old laptop I had just for safety. It installed right up to the validation code and when I entered the number, well you guessed it not a correct validation key.

I waited a few days and filed my complaint with paypal. They wanted me to take the disc to a 3rd party and have he/she write a report about the disc. I called several people and they said it would between 25-50.00 for a report. I only paid 35.00 for the item and I couldn't find anyone to do it for free. I explained this to paypal and they excepted that, I also offered to send them the disc and they could check it out, I got no reply from them, until today when I got this message  "We have concluded our investigation into this case. Unfortunately, at this
time we are unable to decide this claim in your favor." So basically they are saying go ahead and make illegal copies of whatever you want and sell them on ebay, they will not persue it as it didn't cost them a thing.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You bought a Microsoft Office suite for $35 and expected it to be legit?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.