First Sale Through Ebay/Pay Pal

MotorCity5
New Community Member

I've purchased several items through Ebay over the years, but have never sold anything.  That all changed yesterday and now I have all kinds of questions.  [thought I knew what I was doing].

Question 1:  My Paypal account says I sold an item and that there are funds in my account which will be held in pending for up to 21 days - is this normal?

Questions 2:  The person that bought my item has 0 feedback - what should I be concerned about?

Questions 3 - Purchaser exercised the 'Buy It Now' feature - does this change your response to #2?

The item # in Ebay is 300414139571 - any help is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

skier
Advisor
Advisor

1.  As a new seller, you are subject to the eBay/PayPal "hold" policy which is explained here.    You should have also received an email with the same info.

2.  It just means that you are dealing with possibly a "new" buyer.   When you started with eBay, you would have Zero Feedback.

3.  Buy is now is just another option for folks who don't want to waste time bidding.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I agree with all of skier's answers.

Don't worry about not nowing as much as you thought you did - happens to all of us, LOL.

One suggestion - pull the "Uer Agreement" up from Paypal - it's under 'Legal agreements' at the bottom of this page, and review the requirements for the Seller Protection Plan.

You will have to follow them EXACTLY to make sure that you are protected.  Close does not count with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.