All of your Payment Holds Lifted email from Paypal?

darkjokerg1
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, has anyone else here recieved an email from Paypal saying that all of the Payment holds are released? Before anyone asks, no I am not talking about the message that says an individual payment was released. I recieved this email in early Feb and I am still getting 21 day holds. I contacted Customer Support about this once and they told me to send the email to Spoof. In response I received an automated message stating that the email was a fake. I sent my response to Spoof and they deemed my response a fake too.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

If there was a link in the email that they asked you to sign in with, then it's a phishing email.

If you DID sign in with the link, then you just gave your Paypal password away to a scammer and possibly downloaded a keylogger.

Otherwise, it's just someone playing games.

Login to Me Too

darkjokerg1
Contributor
Contributor

Nice to hear from you on this board Surplus. Okay here is the deal, I talked to a Paypal CS rep on the phone shortly after I made this post. First off in response to you Surplus the email was real and came from PP, I had to go up a few teirs in CS just to hear that. Secondly this is what it means for anyone who wants to know. Paypal has decided to cherry pick what payments can be held, i.e International payments may not be held but U.S payments are going to be held until you can send Paypal tracking information. So if anyone has been paying attention us sellers are back to square one on the whole PP hold policy BS. My advice to everyone is to start selling more International orders. Something on a 2-1 ratio of International vs. U.S orders may be able to help out so you can get funds faster. Oh and here is a little tidbit of info the CS rep gave me which made me laugh in her face. "Maybe if you can ask your buyers to do you a favor and send feedback before the item is shipped you can recieve your funds the same day"Smiley Mad Seriously she said that.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

"Maybe if you can ask your buyers to do you a favor and send feedback before the item is shipped you can recieve your funds the same day"

Well, that isn't going to happen and the rep ought to know that.

Look, this is simply the cost of doing business.  If you werte operating a brick and mortar business, you'd bill once a month and your payments would come in in 30-60 days.  This is the same deal, it's a common feature in the credit industry ( all of the credit card companies do this with high-risk purchases) and it's now a fact of life.

Those that can't adapt to it are going to have to stop selling, it's that simple.

Login to Me Too

darkjokerg1
Contributor
Contributor

You are correct in one respect. If it was a brick and mortar job I would make monthly orders for more products and pay off my fees, but I would also have a balance available immediately before the deposit is made. One of the problems is that everyone knows how Paypal used to work. Instant access to funds have spoiled most of us seasoned sellers. We were allowed to receive money instantly, pack and ship the same day and order more items all in the span of 30mins. I have to admit that now my operation has slowed to a week by week basis and it takes me longer to do operation. This is not that crippling to me since I have adjusted but other sellers are being torn down by this new policy. I personally think that the policy criteria needs to be changed to accommodate.

By the Way the seller herd is thinning.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I can agree with some of the last comments.  I used to enjoy picking over ebay on a Saturday or Sunday night but now the items are just not there.  To me Ebay is now more of a buy it now store front than anything else and while I do still shop on ebay it is mostly for cheaper items from out of the country.  I recently sold 4 items on ebay and the not only have the sellers dropped off but so have the buyers :\.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

One of the problems is that everyone knows how Paypal used to work.

They have selective amnesia.

Paypal USED TO cover sales only to Canada, the US and the UK, not the entire world.

Paypal USED TO accept a buyer's word that an item was counterfeit instead of making the buyer prove it.

By the Way the seller herd is thinning.

I don't have a problem with that.

I've been advising on boards of 3 sites for 3 years - there are a lot of sellers on ebay that I would not allow to sell.  They mess up and refuse to take responsibility for it, they refuse to learn the system, they blame everyone but themselves for problems.

They are a liability to good sellers and the sooner they leave, the better, IMO.

Login to Me Too

Dagochic
New Community Member

What incentive do they have to release our funds early, every day the money stays in their escrow account PAYPAL gets the interest, not us!

Login to Me Too

reachout
Contributor
Contributor

Payment Hold/Pending  is a conspiricy to hold hostage the funds of Americans that are honest hard working people just so they can earn interest on YOUR money.   Do you think that Pay Pal or Ebay would make this a policy in any other country?   They do this to us here in the USA because they CAN.  Just like our polititians, they will do what they want when they want.  And they will do it to YOU.  Why is payment hold not used in Ebay Motors sales?  Will Payment Hold be policy in new market of Russia?  I think NOT.  Its a SAD DAY when people at Pay Pal and Ebay are as hatefull and dehonest as they can be.  See Ya Bob H.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Section 10.6 of PayPal's Canada user agreement has the eBay Item Hold Policy...

https://cms.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en...

Section 10.5 of PayPal's UK user agreement has the "Payment Hold" Policy...

https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en...

Section 11 of PayPal's Australia user agreement has the "Right to Hold Funds" Policy...

https://cms.paypal.com/au/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.