money being held for 21 days we cant have our money yet paypal can take there fees on a hold

keleedo
New Community Member

i have never had a problem with any of my sales i have 100% feedback , yet paypal will not let me have my money for 21 days ?am i missing the point here this is money that is ours , some of the money covers the cost for postage !!!!! yet we cant get ours but yet paypal can take there fees straight away ?sorry but if there is a hold then paypal should have to wait for there fees aswell .quite frankly i think this is stupid and wrong i normaly give people the choice for recorded delivery as to keep post costs down , its ok for buyers to rip us sellers off but when it comes to us we are just targeted maybe paypal should look at individual accounts and not just judge us cos of the small minority of scammers , they have our bank and card details , address and numbers is this not proof enough we are not going to rip people off , its very easy for a buyer to say that they have not received an item as they chose not to do recorded its there word against yours and yet they win and your out of pocket so now paypal have held our money and if the buyer wants to say something is wrong etc you are out of pocket etc im sorry to rant but i dont sell on here to rip people off i sell stuff as to good to throw away and sell on and with the money i buy from other sellers stuff that i want in return now thats all gone to corrupt and 2 sales ive just done which have been bigger than i have ever sold even though i started it at 99p has been held it feels like you are giving people credit now and let them decide after they receive goods if they want the item or not its all wrong and i may turn to selling on amazon and other sites again

Login to Me Too
112 REPLIES 112

dave100
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item and posted it special delivery. It had a tracking number and was delivered the following day and was signed for. I have proof of delivery with a signature and yet the sum is still pending 6 days later. I have sent 2 emails to the buyer to leave feedback but he has not done so. I can't seem to find an email address anywhere to ask why my money has not been released as I have fulfilled my obligations by providing proof that the item has been received. Can any one suggest an email address I can use to contact PayPal please.

Login to Me Too

kirkbradwhite63
New Community Member

send the goods as a good will gesture to customer before money had cleared to stop her moaning. she gave me positive feedback after opening a case with ebay against me. paypal still holdind my money and getting interest on it as well. this is unfair and against the law.

Login to Me Too

ksimpson2310

Hey adriano your full of **bleep** i have done everything paypal have asked by supplying tracking numbers getting positive feedback and spending a fortune on phonecalls still cant get my money this is theft,paypal is a joke and if i could meet the guy who decided to hold my money i would make sure he/or she could never hold money again,i would chop their fingers off.so dont you dare reply to these people telling them that money will be released 24 hours after they have either recieved positive feedback or supplied tracking information this is a lie as all these people will tell you your a disgrace and i hope all your customers see this you charge us sellers ridiculous fees and still treat us like **bleep** i will never do business with paypal again it is one big SCAM

Login to Me Too

monty99
New Community Member

Well gess what paypal has put the money paid to me £190 including the postage cost on hold for 21 days now what baffles me is how the **bleep** do we pay to send the item, the postage will now cost me £25 that I just do not have spare which I now need to find. In the end we sit here and complain about  the way paypal treat us and occasionally we get a comment from paypal like a non existing Adrian feeding us lies and false information about so many hours and feedback or tracking numbers but we just except it and do nothing about it, but then what can we do about a company that just does not care about its customers and users or the law in handling other peoples money. The only way to beat them is to not use them and if ebay do not like it "too **bleep** with them too" there are plenty of other selling platforms on the net. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE IT SO JUST DO IT.

Login to Me Too

GeordieR
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I agree, this is little more than an ill-concealed scam of the sort which has destroyed the reputation of banks etc recently. It's just grasping, profit-obsessed suits wanting to hold someone else's money and get the ineterest on it for a week or two before reluctantly handing it over. All we can do in these circumstances is to move on; I believe PayPal is sowing the seeds of its own destruction with this sort of bovine, slack-jawed silliness and there will inevitably be a corporate price to pay. I, like many others, have learned the lesson: I did enjoy ebaying both as a buyer and a seller and have always been careful to do everything by the book and have painstakingly built up a 100% profile as both buyer and seller and have never had a complaint or case filed against me. Now, if a buyer forgets to post positive feedback (or can't be bothered etc) MY money is held by PayPal as if I'm some sort of suspect character, no matter how good my online rep is! The clown who thought this one up really has crossed the line, but they'll never, ever admit it so the best thing is to say 'thanks but no thanks' and take your business elsewhere (like Amazon). I know they couldn't care less - people join and people leave every day - but when you are faced with this sort of abuse you've got to do the right thing even if it's inconvenient. Once I finally extract my money from them I'm off to Amazon......

Login to Me Too

thespiller

Ths is simply illegal read up about statatory rights and sale of goods act. Secondhand private seller that we are by law dont have to give any sort of guarantee, only businesses do. Even businesses are allowed to turn away customers who brought sumit but didnt like. So who do u think u are paypal, i know u prob dont even read the complaints against you, but im sure if a petition on F.B  or somewhere similar was setup and handed to the OFT then u may rwecognise that what u  are doing is illegal in every aspect. Would argos deliver u an item let u decide for 21days if u like and then pay? I think not and there a business so y the f*ck do we? Mugs! sort this rediculous, blatant, illegal act now 4 1) u get sued 2) everyone switches to allpay.com. Had my say now sort it!

Login to Me Too

mrangry2
New Community Member
It's are own fault for allowing this monsters to held our money ,we need a new system where we can trade not for free,because after all all this cost money , but more practical , something like a 3 day grace period,you rider like the item or not,because I need my money ,it's the only reason I use eBay to make money to eat to buy more stuff what ever is your reason,and we should have a boycott or something against this guys , and I'm holding the nasty stuff because I want to be civil about this , you would think that we so many complaints that PayPal and eBay would do some thing about this ,that's way we need to band together and bring the monsters down.
Login to Me Too

vivieng
Contributor
Contributor

AdrianO - it is now well past the 21 days since paypal received money from my buyer. I have fullfilled all 3 of your bullet points. I dispatched the item by courier and received positive feedback from my buyer over 14 days ago, paypal have taken their fees but are still  holding back my money well after the 21 days are up. Surely it should have been released into my bank account by now. Paypal have had my money since 29th July  What else can I do to get MY money? I'm getting desperate now. I think we should all write to BBC Watchdog and see what they think of how paypal treats its customers. Never ever will I use paypal to sell stuff again.

Login to Me Too

shortie
Contributor
Contributor

what site are u using to sell now?

Login to Me Too

fleur0211
New Community Member

I have had  2 transactions put on hold by paypal, when I phoned them 20 minutes ago they said both would be taken off hold once I had received positive feedback or produced tracking number, once these two items had cleared they said it wouldn't happen again. However I have had another buyer make payment this morning and Low and behold they have held the payment again, this is ridicules and I am really unhappy, thinking I will be moving else where to do business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.