money being held for 21 days we cant have our money yet paypal can take there fees on a hold

keleedo
New Community Member

i have never had a problem with any of my sales i have 100% feedback , yet paypal will not let me have my money for 21 days ?am i missing the point here this is money that is ours , some of the money covers the cost for postage !!!!! yet we cant get ours but yet paypal can take there fees straight away ?sorry but if there is a hold then paypal should have to wait for there fees aswell .quite frankly i think this is stupid and wrong i normaly give people the choice for recorded delivery as to keep post costs down , its ok for buyers to rip us sellers off but when it comes to us we are just targeted maybe paypal should look at individual accounts and not just judge us cos of the small minority of scammers , they have our bank and card details , address and numbers is this not proof enough we are not going to rip people off , its very easy for a buyer to say that they have not received an item as they chose not to do recorded its there word against yours and yet they win and your out of pocket so now paypal have held our money and if the buyer wants to say something is wrong etc you are out of pocket etc im sorry to rant but i dont sell on here to rip people off i sell stuff as to good to throw away and sell on and with the money i buy from other sellers stuff that i want in return now thats all gone to corrupt and 2 sales ive just done which have been bigger than i have ever sold even though i started it at 99p has been held it feels like you are giving people credit now and let them decide after they receive goods if they want the item or not its all wrong and i may turn to selling on amazon and other sites again

Login to Me Too
112 REPLIES 112

Mohsin
New Community Member

This is ridiculuous.. Paypal is just earning interest for 21 days on our money... There are no other explanation for that..

When you contact them, they told you that this is a legal requirement.. They are lieing.. there is no legal requirement to hold a payment for 21 days.. I have just filed a complaint against paypal now..

I have been moved to Amazon where you can request the money anytime and it will be credit to your account within 3 days... More relaxing and good for cash flow.........................

Login to Me Too

how can you move to amazon many thanks

Login to Me Too

gloivenhoiven
Contributor
Contributor

How did you file a complaint against PayPal and who did you file it with? Thanks!

Login to Me Too

xxlizzy44xx
New Community Member

i totally agree with the last comments. why should we have to wait 21 days for our money, we post in good faith and we have to pay out of  our own pockets, I have never had bad feedback, and been on ebay for over 1 year. i understand

when theres a problem with an account or not been on ebay very long. it protects the buyer.. But why punish the good ebayers...... i am selling for my holiday money and its not gonna clear in time, think its time to go up a GUMTREE.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey guys,

As part of our payment holds for new eBay sellers, we'll hold the money from your eBay transactions for up to 21 days. The funds for payments received are held temporarily as a pending balance in your account. New sellers on eBay are sellers who received payment for their first eBay sale less than 90 days ago.

Your funds will be released within 24 hours from when one of the following occurs:

• The buyer leaves you positive feedback
• 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal being filed on the transaction
• You provide a tracking number which shows that the item has been delivered over 3 days ago

Login to Me Too

dean12345
Contributor
Contributor

is that right??

well why is my money still pending??

adriano you said.....

"Your funds will be released within 24 hours from when one of the following occurs:

• The buyer leaves you positive feedback
• 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal being filed on the transaction
• You provide a tracking number which shows that the item has been delivered over 3 days ago"

my buyer as left positive feedback, ive provided a tracking number, that two of the following, so wheres MY money??

Login to Me Too

vivieng
Contributor
Contributor

Me too - I'm NOT happy. I was paid on 29th July, dispatched the item by courier, received positive feedback from buyer on 4th August and still no money released from paypal. I never expected this to happen, if I had known funds would be held back and  for so long after the transaction was completed successfully, I would never have used paypal. In fact I doubt I will use paypal again, its been a nightmare. Can someone tell me how much longer I will have to wait for funds to be released or do I have to wait another week until the 21 days are up? It is my money that paypal is sitting on and should be earning interest in my account NOT paypal's!

Login to Me Too

ksimpson2310

Paypal and ebay are ridiculous i have had nothing but hastle i am a genuine seller and have had my money put on hold i have made numerous phonecalls and they say get three positive feedback or supply 3 tracking numbers and they will release my money.i have since had 9 positive feedback and supplied numerous tracking numbers.still cant get my money.Ebay and PAYPAL  are definately not the place to be doing business i am switching to amazon and i highly reccommend every1else do the same,i am filing a complaint and also seeking legal advice as it is against the law for them to be holding money the way they are and then fobbing u off when you ring one of their indian call centres.WAT A FU***NG JOKE

Login to Me Too

ritchiep1
Contributor
Contributor

ive been on ebay for over 2 years, with feedback of 100%, Paypal have over £200gbp pending, the items i have sold have tracking numbers have been delivered, its not my fault if the buyers dont leave feedback, i have chased the buyers to do this.. all i want is my money so i can bye a gift for my other half.. how can i get the funds released before the 21 days.. it should be my money

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.