Using held funds for postage - it hasn't worked!

peardrops
Contributor
Contributor

I've just purchased postage for an item and I have over £100 in hold status as I'm a new trader.  The paypay site states:

"Can I use my held funds for postage costs?

Yes. You'll pay for your eBay or PayPal postage label just like normal. After you've paid for your label, the amount you paid for postage will be released from your pending balance"

This hasn't happened.  It seems to have taken it from my bank account.

Is this right?  Am I doing something wrong?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

classy-diva
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The postage will come from your funding source initially, then once paid for the postage price you paid will be released by PayPal to your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

benjuan
New Community Member

This is COMPLETELY misleading.

The question is asked, and the answer is given as "YES"

Login to Me Too

BrianSharp
New Community Member

"Can I use my held funds for postage costs?
Yes. You'll pay for your eBay or PayPal postage label just like normal. After you've paid for your label, the amount you paid for postage will be released from your pending balance."

This is dishonest.  The statement "just like normal" is not true, please change this Paypal.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just like normal is correct, you pay for it from your funding source as you normally do.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

donjam75
New Community Member

I read that you can still use funds for postage even tho they are on hold, so went ahead and printed 3 different postage labels, only to find out that the money had come from my debit card rather than my paypal balance..why is this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.