Reference / tracking number

dankatbliz1
Contributor
Contributor

I have returned an item to a seller on ebay, as is was not as described. He refused to pay the return postage so to speed up the process, I agreed to pay it. He had originally claimed no returns and said he would only accept it back as a gesture of good well, but he was not liable for postage - from Germany

I dispatched the item to him and obtained proof of postage. However there is reference number on it, and I wondered if any of the other information on the receipt would allow me to obtain a reference number? I sent the item over 2 weeks ago, and he still claims he hasnt received it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dankatbliz1

Proof of postage is not proof of delivery. If he claims non receipt which of course he will if he does not want to refund you then you can't do anything.

You should have opened a paypal dispute and then if they found in your favour you could have claimed the return postage costs if you have activated the below link in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.