Rolling reserve - Enforced for a further 6 months without notification.

xoxnitaxox
Contributor
Contributor

Venting, as I'm annoyed at PayPal's complete disregard for its customers. Not only do they take a nice cut from every single sale that we make, they placed a rolling reserve on our account (apparently only for 60 days). I called today (day 68) to find out why they were still holding back more funds only to be told that on the 16th January "they", whoever the heck they are, decided that they were going to keep the rolling reserve going for another 6 months. Apparently, this is to cover them... is it hell! They're holding back funds from many people and of course the interest they make on all of this will be funding some fat cat somewhere who can't get off their arse and do a decent days work, meanwhile annoyed customers like myself end up taking our frustrations out on some telephone operative who actually has no bloody power to help you at all. Back to my original moan... why on earth were we not informed the rolling reserve was going to continue? Seriously... they are happy to take their percentage, they take the rolling reserve amount... but they can't find two bloody minutes to email and say that the reserve will remain in place?

I was told, as I said, that this was to cover them incase the business were to "go bankrupt or something". Seriously? And them taking a chunk out of every single transaction won't be a factor in that for many people? There are several things they could have done, but why are we as customers not allowed to discuss the bloody options with them? I can't get a number for the "team" who made the damn decision... all I get is "it's all done back house". Has anyone had better service from SagePay as I think we may be better moving to them (they deal with PayPal transactions anyway as far as I'm aware). Happy to pay a monthy fee if it means we have all of the money coming into our account to purchase new stock.

Aren't times bad enough without companies such as PayPal making things worse? Had enough, and although polite on the whole, the customer service people can do f*ck all to help.

*waits for PayPal to reply with a long winded message which basically tells me everything I already know in an attempt to make themselves look like they give a damn! Or better still, to remove the post*

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Never known them remove a post even when highly critical of them as long as it is not abusive etc.

However I do doubt the moderators will bother to reply as to be fair you have already got your answer from phoning paypal and they will not know any more as they don't have access to your account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

xoxnitaxox
Contributor
Contributor

So, what's the point in customer Services if they can't help in any way? And I hope they feel the need to reply as I still want to know why on earth customers aren't included in their "decision process". They are currently holding well over £5000 now, and I think that's ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is not paypal customer services its a community forum.

The moderators on here don't work in customer services and don't have access to your account details.

You have already phoned customer services so I honestly can't see you getting any further on a community board.

Try phoning customer services again? That is the only way to get any answers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

xoxnitaxox
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, some confusion over the last message - I wasn't referring to those who moderate the forums, more the customer service agents I've spoken to today, who do have access to my account but still aren't able to do anything... and the questions I've asked on here are the same as I asked them... but got nowhere, so as previously stated, I'm venting, and also wondering if anyone else has had this problem and been able to solve it. I see your point, but if customer services were any good I wouldn't need to resort to asking whether others have had issues on here. A reserve of that amount is extortionate, do you not agree? If they actually spoke to me about it, this wouldn't be such a big problem. I read somewhere that one option open to them is to hold back a set amount of money, say £1000 - Fine, we can live with that and still function very well... but to take £5000 and continute taking money is just daft... getting close to £5300 now, and will probably go over that before the day is out.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Oh i see....sorry didn't understand you.

Customer services don't ever respond on here.

I do understand your "need to vent" just thought I ought to point out that its doubtful they would respond on here.

I can't comment on the hold as I have no idea why they have done it and if others have had the same experience then yes that could help you.

I was just posting to say that you would not get any help from customer services on here but hopefully others that may have been in the same position as you may post.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.