Pending Payment - Release date just disappeared? Now unsure.

Visionaryone
New Community Member

I made a sale via Ebay at the begining of the month.  I accepted a paypal payment for the item and it was collected the same day by the buyer. 

A 21 day hold was placed on the amount which I understand the release date was today.  However now it shows as 'try later' on the estimated release.  I rang Paypal and they were not helpful at all.  He said he could not see a relase date but hopefully it would be tomorrow.  How can I large company like this not release money on time as promised? 

It makes no sense at all.  Especially when the person is dependent on the funds to live on. 

Paypal are quick enough to take there fees but not hold to releaseing the funds on time.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally its released on 21 days i would just keep checking.

HOWEVER why on earth would you accept paypal for an item that is collected??

Firstly there is no seller protection for items paid for by paypal that are collected and if the buyer filed non receipt of item paypal would give them their money back !!!

Secondly as it was collection only then your funds could not be released earlier as you would have no tracking number to prove delivery so you have to wait the full 21 days.

Thirdly ebay allow you to accept cash on collection when listing on ebay for items that are going to be collected and you can refund paypal payments and ask for cash only. Then you get the cash the instant the buyer collects the item and no waiting for your money.

Fourthly the other advantage of cash on collection is no paypal fees.

So you waited 21 days and paid a fee for money you could have had in your hand on the day the buyer collected.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

flinny
Contributor
Contributor

Was this solved? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.