Lifting the 21 day money hold

roger-b
New Community Member

How can I lift the 21 day hold on my funds? I have 100% feedback, over 25 Detailed seller ratings, am not selling anything unusual, have attempted to lift entering required feilds on form correctly but still wont let me...Grrrr

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

PayPal_david

Hi Davdora,

You say in your post here https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Holds-reversals-and-reserves/21-days-still-in-affect-after-3-mon... that you are a member of eBay for 3 months. This would mean that holds would be placed on your transactions until your account is opened for at least 6 months.

If you have been asked to provide us with some verification documents you wouldn't be asked to provide four. You should only ever be asked to provide a photo id and proof of address. The only reason you would be asked for more would be if the information could not be read or if the document was not accepted. 

Hi Anton61,

If you have posted the items with a tracking number, you should provide the tracking number to us once the item has been delivered at least three days ago and we can then get the money released to your PayPal balance.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

tezza121
Contributor
Contributor

David or anyone from paypal. I have a new ebay business account, only opened 6 weeks ago, Am fully verified.

Have 70 odd sales and current feedback of 46 which is 100% positive.

When will my 21 day hold be lifted, it cant be 6 months, i might have had 2000 sales by then and ill be a TRS by then.

While i understand a initial hold maybe just until the seller gains trust, the length and terms of the hold are just wrong.

If a buyer does not leave feedback which stats say over 50% of buyers simply dont bother, then the funds are held for 21 days.

This simply stops me as a seller from buying new stock ect....

And my ebay fees are due, can i say well the money is in paypal but i cant spend it so ud better put a 21 day hold on when fees are due. As a business in these difficult times its all about cash flow.

I am paying for the goods, ink, paper, p+p materials and costs and have to wait upto 21 days just simply because a buyer cant be bothered to leave feedback.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

HERES SOME INFO FOR YOU:

Why your payments are held.

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
• You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 as a seller and have not yet established a record of good performance
• You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
• You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
• You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
• You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
• You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.
Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

How can I get the payments released before 21 days.

1. If your buyer leaves feedback (pos) then funds are normally released within 48 hours of that feedback being left.
2. If you decide to send an item trackable then you can add the tracking number to the details of the paypal transaction and funds are then released when the item shows as delivered + 3 days.

What if I have met the criteria for release either earlier or at 21 days and the funds are still held.

Then you can email or phone paypal via contact us bottom of paypal pages with the transaction numbers of the items and ask them to "hurry up" and release your dosh.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tezza121
Contributor
Contributor

No offence Kernowlass but what stupid advice, you have just told us what we all know, My question was how do i get the hold lifted for good. Not why is there a hold and how can i get money sooner.

Ok im a new member now 50 odd days as a seller. I have 82 sales to my name a feedback score of (52) which is 100% pos

and detailed ratings of 5.0 on all 4 and have between 30-40 detailed seller ratings.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not being telepathic i do not know what you already know. Therefore i post as much info as i can to try and assist.

By my logic the hold lasts until you have met all the criteria above hence the reason i posted the list.

You have said you are a new ebay seller or member with 82 sales....you need 100.

You have said you have been a member for 50 days.....you need 6 months

So if you read my post and the reason the holds were made you could have easily worked out when they will be lifted so i did in fact answer your question and my stupid advice was correct if you just applied a little sense.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Arthur888
New Community Member

Same here. This is hurting our business.

Login to Me Too

pfortune2012
New Community Member

Hi iv recently started using paypal and iv sold a few things on ebay and theyv received there goods and some have left feedback  and some havnt yet ,my money is pending for 21days but even though they have left feedback for the items my money is still pending ?can any1 help

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Read my post about 3 above yours, it tells you when the funds release is made and what to do if it is not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tezza121
Contributor
Contributor

Right ok i get it, So if i have 3000 yes three thousand sales in my first 6 months, every one of them will et held. And if the buyer dosnt bother to leave feedback well tough **** ive just got to wait.

So what your saying is paypal are trying to kill new bussinesses, again a complete bunch of mafia related imcompetent idiots.

My salves vary from between £1 and £6 so its not worth sending tracked delivery as it would cost £2 extra per parcel. I would never get any sales. I do always however always get proof of postage and i use my own franking machine with company logo.

This it seems matters little to paypal.

So for the first 6 months weather i get 1000 or 5000 sales, ive basically got to be prepared to wait 21 days for the funds.

There oes my CASH FLOW then, well done poxy paypal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well i don't work for paypal but am an ebay seller myself.

I don't make or necessarily agree with all of paypals policies. But  this is part of paypal buyer protection and if buyers feel protected they are going to buy more items on ebay and pay higher prices....hopefully.

All i can do is tell you how the hold works and why your holds haven't been lifted yet.

Whilst you may still be anti the hold unfortunately nothing i can post will make it disappear.

I actually went through it x2. I stopped selling for about a year and when i re-started had to go through it again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.