Inquiry bank return, buyer did not open claim

ahtony89
New Community Member

I recently sold something on 11/12/15 and the item was promptly shipped out on 11/13/15. Tracking states the package was delivered on 11/16/15 but this morning I received an email stating the payment was being reversed by the buyer's bank. I've spoke with the seller and they claim they have not filed or opened any cases against me for that amount and were not aware of the situation. I have provided paypal with the tracking number, a picture of the label receipt stating the correct shipping address with the matching tracking number, as well as a screenshot of my seller claiming they never opened a case against me?

Is there more I can do to resolve this case? Does my seller have to contact their bank and ask them to cancel the reversal?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Anna

Hi ahtony89,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I'm sorry to hear about the situation.

If your buyer's bank has created a chargeback, the best thing you can do is to provide prove of the item's delivery to the correct address. However it does happen sometimes that the bank creates a chargeback themselves. In this situation your buyer needs to contact the bank in order to cancel it.

I hope it helps and that the situation will be soon resolved.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.