Help! buyer is scamming me

lewisaro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,
Last month a buyer sent money to my paypal for an item, that item was signed for and tracked and they recieved it and now they are saying that it came damaged a month later.
its obvious that the item arrived to them and if it really was damaged why didnt they notify me earlier?
I feel like I am being scammed, please help me what do i do?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not a lot you can't do, if you don't agree to a refund then let the buyer escalate the dispute to a claim and paypal will review it and make a decision.

If they do find in favour of the buyer then the buyer may well have to return it to you first at their own expense before you  have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lewisaro
Contributor
Contributor

its already being reviewed by paypal 😕 how will i proove that I recieve the item back though? surely paypal will give the refund back and the buyer wont return the item, the itemwasnt sold through ebay btw

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally the buyer has to return the item trackable back to you and that tracking has to prove delivery to you before you have to refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lewisaro
Contributor
Contributor

hmm thats odd as the money has already been taken out and my paypal is -£170 😞

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes but that can be returned to you by paypal if you win the claim.

If you don't then the money is not released back to the buyer until they provide paypal with a tracking number to show the item as returned to you, if they don't then the money will be released back to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lewisaro
Contributor
Contributor

ok thankyou so much!:) ill keep updated if nothing sorts!

Login to Me Too

lewisaro
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so the buyer won the claim? he has got his money back and he still has the item! What do i do?! please help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.